Thermoguard Timbercoat BS Class 1/0 & EN Class B System is a coloured fire retardant paint system for interior and exterior timber surfaces. Each pack contains the correct amount of basecoat (Thermoguard Timbercoat Insulating Basecoat) and topcoat (Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat) to ensure protection is achieved in line with the...
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant (SFR) Dualcoat is for use over Thermoguard Timbercoat Insulating Basecoat.
- Topcoat and maintenance paint for timber surfaces protected with Thermoguard Timbercoat
- Controls surface spread of flames and fire propagation
- Total smoke control
- BS EN Class B s1 d0 and BS Class 1 and Class 0 (as part of a complete system)
- Internal/external use
- Matt/eggshell finishes
- 4,000+ colours available from RAL, BS & NCS
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is a new generation of fire retardant topcoat and maintenance paint that can be used as part of a flame and fire retardant system for timber surfaces protected with Thermoguard Timbercoat internally and externally. As part of a complete system it controls surface spread of flame and fire propagation, total smoke control, flaming droplets and particulates to BS EN Class B s1 d0.
When used as instructed with Thermoguard Timbercoat, Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat completes a system that meets new Fire Regulations standard BS EN Class B s1 d0 and complies with British Standard Class 1 and Class 0 Surface Spread of Flame. For 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
- Available in an Acrylic Matt or Acrylic Eggshell finish in the full RAL, BS and NCS colour ranges (excluding fluorescent and metallic shades).
- A clear version is also available for special applications but this must be recommended by our Technical Team before use. The matt finish in clear can in certain applications appear cloudy over very dark substrates so a test should be carried out first to ensure appearance is acceptable before full use.
- For 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
- For fire protection to doors, see Fire Door Paint (30min) or Fire Door Varnish (30min).
Intumescent and Water Vapour Action
When exposed to fire:-
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat releases a vapour to suppress toxic gasses & prevent flamespread.
- Thermoguard Timbercoat expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen to prevent wood burning & fire penetration
Finish, Colours, Spread Rate and Pack Sizes
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is available in Matt or Eggshell finish in White, BS 4800, BS 381C, RAL and NCS colours (not metallic or fluorescent shades)
- Timbercoat is available in White Matt only as it is a basecoat
- Timbercoat and Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are sold in 20m² and 80m² cans
Specification & Application
Prepare & apply according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 1 coat of Thermoguard Timbercoat Insulating Basecoat
- 1 coat* of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
- Touch Dry: 4 hours / Overcoat: 6 hours
- Ensure fully hard dry before next coat, only apply to dry timber in good drying conditions.
*Apply 2 coats of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat for external or damp areas. 2 coats may also be required for strong/dark colours - To aid topcoat opacity Thermoguard Timbercoat can be tinted to undercoat shades if required at no extra cost - please call if required.
Spray equipment suggestions for Thermoguard Timbercoat and Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat;
- Pressure Pot & Gun conventional unit with small compressor
- Ensure all traces of solvent flushed out
- Thin 5 > 10% with water to spray viscosity
- Adjust fluid flow & air flow as normal for acrylic emulsion paint
- Airless Graco 1500, 3500 or equivalent
- 3/8” line, 30 mesh filter on machine, not filter in gun
- 521 or 523, broad areas 621 or 623 tip
Ensure coverage is applied as per can - i.e. 20m² can covers 20m², 80m² can covers 80m², etc.
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s1 d0
- BS Class 1 and Class 0
Project Fire Certification
We issue a Certificate of Supply on request for projects for insurance, Fire and Building Control Authority and Client Records.
NEW Fire Regulations and Tests Explained
- The new fire standard BS EN test lasts 20 minutes with airflow replaces the old BS 476 tests which lasted 10 minutes and restricted airflow.
- The new standard for flamespread and heat release Class B replaces Class O.
The new BS EN tests also monitor -
- Smoke & Gas “s” – s1 + s2 are none or very low & compliant levels, s3 moderate , s4 high smoke.
- Flaming Droplets or Airborne particulates – dO is none, d1 some, d2 + d3 moderate > high levels.
Durable & Eco Friendly
Thermoguard Timbercoat & Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are water based, user and environment friendly.
Products are manufactured under ISO 9001.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Application Method
- brush, roller, spray
- Supplied in pre-measured packs to apply 1 coat to 20m² or 80m²
- Touch Dry
- 2 hours
- Touch Dry
- 4 hours
- Dry to Recoat
- 6 hours
|Mark Johns on 2022-06-27 13:25:30|| |
Can you paint over this product? if so what type of paint would you recommend?
This product is usually the topcoat to a fire protection system.
If this is to be over painted we would recommend application of another coat of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat.
This can be mixed to many RAL, NCS or BS colours.
|Ian on 2019-04-08 14:52:52|| |
Does this product require stirring before use?
We would recommend all paint products are stirred thoroughly before use to ensure a uniform consistency.
|pat on 2017-08-07 10:55:30|| |
Question: What size in litres is this paint ? Thankyou Patrick
A 20m² pack is approximately 2.5 litres and an 80m² pack is approximately 10 litres.
Thermoguard Timbercoat 60 Minute System is a coloured intumescent paint system for interior and exterior timber surfaces. Each pack contains the correct amount of basecoat (Timbercoat) and topcoat (Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant (SFR) Dualcoat) to ensure protection is achieved inline with the manufacturers recommendations to the...
Thermoguard Timbercoat Insulating Basecoat is a durable fire protection paint for interior and exterior timber surfaces: Meets new Fire Regulations standard: BS EN Class B s1 d0, BS Class 1 Class O Surface Spread of Flame Can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances Expands to create a barrier,...