Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is a new generation of fire retardant topcoat and maintenance paint for timber surfaces protected with Thermoguard Timbercoat internally and externally. As part of a complete system it controls surface spread of flame and fire propagation, total smoke control, flaming droplets and particulates to BS EN Class B s1 d0.
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is available in an Acrylic Matt or Acrylic Eggshell finish in the full RAL, BS and NCS colour ranges (excluding fluorescent and metallic shades). It is for use as a topcoat to complete the Thermoguard Timbercoat upgrading system for wood internally and externally.
When used as instructed with Thermoguard Timbercoat, Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat completes a system that meets new Fire Regulations standard BS EN Class B s1 d0 and complies with British Standard Class 1 and Class 0 Surface Spread of Flame. The system can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances but our Technical Department MUST be contacted prior to use (0113 2455450).
Intumescent and Water Vapour Action
When exposed to fire:-
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat releases a vapour to suppress toxic gasses & prevent flamespread.
- Thermoguard Timbercoat expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen to prevent wood burning & fire penetration
Finish, Colours, Spread Rate and Pack Sizes
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is available in Matt or Eggshell finish in White, BS 4800, BS 381C, RAL and NCS colours (not metallic or fluorescent shades)
- Timbercoat is available in White Matt only as it is a basecoat
- Timbercoat and Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are sold in 20m² and 80m² cans
Specification & Application
Prepare & apply according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 1 coat of Thermoguard Timbercoat
- 1 coat* of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
*Apply 2 coats of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat for external or damp areas.
For 30 & 60 minute protection please contact our Technical Department on 0113 2455450.
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s1 d0
- BS Class 1 and Class 0
Project Fire Certification
We issue a Certificate of Supply on request for projects for insurance, Fire and Building Control Authority and Client Records.
NEW Fire Regulations and Tests Explained
- The new fire standard BS EN test lasts 20 minutes with airflow replaces the old BS 476 tests which lasted 10 minutes and restricted airflow.
- The new standard for flamespread and heat release Class B replaces Class O.
The new BS EN tests also monitor -
- Smoke & Gas “s” – s1 + s2 are none or very low & compliant levels, s3 moderate , s4 high smoke.
- Flaming Droplets or Airborne particulates – dO is none, d1 some, d2 + d3 moderate > high levels.
Durable & Eco Friendly
Thermoguard Timbercoat & Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are water based, user and environment friendly.
Products are manufactured under ISO 9001.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||Supplied in pre-measured packs to apply 1 coat to 20m² or 80m²|
|Touch Dry||2 hours|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|pat on 07/08/2017|
Question: What size in litres is this paint ?
A 20m² pack is approximately 2.5 litres and an 80m² pack is approximately 10 litres.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close