Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60, is a new and improved revolutionary thin-film waterborne white intumescent paint for standard, interior structural steel members, providing 30 minutes fire protection in only one coat and 60 minutes in two coats - see below for details. For internal use only Water-based - quick drying thin-film intumescent...
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt
Features and Benefits
- Hard wearing vinyl matt finish
- Top coat for Bollom intumescents for wood and steel
- Provides Class 0 on non-combustible surfaces
- Available in 4,100+ colours, including RAL, BS and NCS
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, and Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 for steel. Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt can also provide Class 0 on bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces.
Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal
- Ensure that the product to be coated is even and fully dry.
Over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfcaces
- Ensure the surface to be painted is sound, clean, dry and free from grease or any substance liable to give adhesion problems. Scrape off any old or flaking paint until you have a firm well adhered surface; if in doubt remove all existing coatings. For existing gloss and eggshell finishes wet abrade and rinse with clean water to remove any residues. Always apply Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat prior to applying Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt.
- Stir well before use.
- Applied by brush or roller.
- Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt must not be thinned.
- Coverage rates must be adhered to in order to achieve the fire rating.
- Throughout the period of application and drying the ambient and substrate temperature should be between 5-30°C with ambient relative humidity below 75%.
- 12m² per litre / per coat.
- Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal one coat is normally sufficient but for dark contrasting colours two maybe required.
- For use over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces two coats are required over Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat.
How do I get Fire Certification?
To obtain the completed certificates for a project customers should email [email protected] with the following details:
- Proof of purchase
- The contractors/applicators name and contact details (tel. no, email, address)
- Batch number(s) of product(s) used
- Site address
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 12m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
|kerry fenton-kent on 2018-05-07 17:22:28|| |
Hi My wood burning stove has a tile surround - could I use this paint on tiles Many Thanks
No, but you can see our recommendations for Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove HERE.
|Isla Macdonald on 2017-06-22 14:03:54|| |
Question: Have an alcove around a wood burner. The paint has powdered off, what paint is suitable for this?
Please see information on our blog here: Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove
|Luke on 2017-02-18 20:18:43|| |
Hi, i have just had a steel support beam installed in my house its about 3 metres long that only has been treated with the oxide coating. (Its a Red/Orange colour) I have been told by building regs that it needs to be painted with a fire proof paint that can withstand up to 30 minutes. I was looking at the below product on your website Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/paints-and-coatings/fire-retardant-paints/flame-retardant-topcoats/438-bollom-flameguard-ultra-vinyl-matt.html Can this withstand up to 30 minutes of heat to pass inspection? Many Thanks Luke
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt is a topcoat to provide a colour and finish, to provide the 30min protection required you will need to apply Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 first.
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer/Undercoat is for application prior to the use of Bollom Flameguard Ultra Topcoats on bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces. ADVANTAGES Excellent adhesion Seals porous surfaces Coverage Calculator More Information **Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat is a decorative, thin film intumescent base coat that delivers a Class 0 rating over solid timber and particle boards when used in conjunction with Bollom Flameguard Ultra Topcoats. Features and Benefits Achieves Class 0 fire protection rating to BS476: Parts 6 and 7 Hard wearing protective/decorative finish...
General Painting Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides the basics for any painting project. Whether it is a one off job, or you just want to make sure the right application tools get to site. Provides an economical way of making sure you will have what you need Ideal for interior and exterior paint projects Click to jump down to...