Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal for steel.
- Hard wearing vinyl matt finish
- Top coat for Bollom intumescents for wood and steel
- Provides Class 0 on non-combustible surfaces
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, and Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 for steel. Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt can also provide Class 0 on bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces.
Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal
- Ensure that the product to be coated is even and fully dry.
Over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfcaces
- Ensure the surface to be painted is sound, clean, dry and free from grease or any substance liable to give adhesion problems. Scrape off any old or flaking paint until you have a firm well adhered surface; if in doubt remove all existing coatings. For existing gloss and eggshell finishes wet abrade and rinse with clean water to remove any residues. Always apply Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat prior to applying Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt.
- Stir well before use.
- Applied by brush or roller.
- Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt must not be thinned.
- Coverage rates must be adhered to in order to achieve the fire rating.
- Throughout the period of application and drying the ambient and substrate temperature should be between 5-30°C with ambient relative humidity below 75%.
- 12m² per litre / per coat.
- Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal one coat is normally sufficient but for dark contrasting colours two maybe required.
- For use over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces two coats are required over Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat.
How do I get Fire Certification?
It’s simple, just keep proof of purchase, batch numbers of the products used along with site details and contact the Customer Services Department on 0191 410 6611 with the information and they will send you the relevant Certificate of Supply within 5 working days.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 12m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|kerry fenton-kent on 07/05/2018|| |
Hi My wood burning stove has a tile surround - could I use this paint on tiles Many Thanks
No, but you can see our recommendations for Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove HERE.
|Isla Macdonald on 22/06/2017|| |
Question: Have an alcove around a wood burner. The paint has powdered off, what paint is suitable for this?
Please see information on our blog here: Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove
|Luke on 18/02/2017|| |
Question: Hi, i have just had a steel support beam installed in my house its about 3 metres long that only has been treated with the oxide coating. (Its a Red/Orange colour) I have been told by building regs that it needs to be painted with a fire proof paint that can withstand up to 30 minutes. I was looking at the below product on your website Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/paints-and-coatings/fire-retardant-paints/flame-retardant-topcoats/438-bollom-flameguard-ultra-vinyl-matt.html Can this withstand up to 30 minutes of heat to pass inspection? Many Thanks Luke
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Vinyl Matt is a topcoat to provide a colour and finish, to provide the 30min protection required you will need to apply Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 first.
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal for steel. ADVANTAGES Hard wearing gloss finish Top coat for Bollom intumescents for wood and steel Provides Class 0 on non-combustible surfaces
Envirograf QVFR Premier Plus Top Coat is a coloured, water-based, hard wearing top coat: Offers a superb finish for application over Envirograf QVFR White Fire Protection Coating Available in matt, satin or gloss finishes Designed as a high quality INTERNAL coating for general use Ready to use, and does not need thinning
Nu-Flame FR Acrylic Eggshell is a special formulation for concrete, timber and painted surfaces requiring an eggshell finish. Tested to BS 476 part 6 & 7 and satisfies Class '0' Requirements of current Building Regulations. Advantages Washable eggshell finish RAL colours 14m²/Litre coverage
Envirograf HW/CRC Top Coat is a chlorinated rubber top coat for use over Envirograf HW02E Clear or HW01 White Intumescent Coatings in areas of high humidity: Heavy duty single pack coating for use in difficult areas Excellent heavy duty protection Chemical and water resistance Ideal coating for concrete and steel used in difficult conditions such as...
Envirograf HW05 Clear Top Coat is a clear, solvent based, hard-wearing top coat for use over Envirograf HW02E Clear Intumescent Coating and Envirograf ES/VFR Clear Fire Protection Coating and Envirograf QVFR Clear Fire Protection Coating. It forms a very hard surface, two coats make it suitable for surfaces which are liable to be damaged through hard wear.