Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60, is a new and improved revolutionary thin-film waterborne white intumescent paint for standard, interior structural steel members, providing 30 minutes fire protection in only one coat and 60 minutes in two coats - see below for details. For internal use only Water-based - quick drying thin-film intumescent...
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal for steel.
- Hard wearing gloss finish
- Top coat for Bollom intumescents for wood and steel
- Provides Class 0 on non-combustible surfaces
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss is a top coat for Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat on bare and previously painted wood, and Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 for steel. Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss can also provide Class 0 on bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces.
Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal
- Ensure that the product to be coated is even and fully dry.
Over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfcaces
- Ensure the surface to be painted is sound, clean, dry and free from grease or any substance liable to give adhesion problems. Scrape off any old or flaking paint until you have a firm well adhered surface; if in doubt remove all existing coatings. For existing gloss and eggshell finishes wet abrade and rinse with clean water to remove any residues. Always apply Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat prior to applying Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss.
- Stir well before use.
- Applied by brush or roller.
- Flameguard Ultra Gloss must not be thinned.
- Coverage rates must be adhered to in order to achieve the fire rating.
- Throughout the period of application and drying the ambient and substrate temperature should be between 5-30°C with ambient relative humidity below 75%.
- 14m² per litre / per coat.
- Over Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat, Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60 and Bollom Fireshield Ultra Universal one coat is normally sufficient but for dark contrasting colours two maybe required.
- For use over bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces two coats are required over Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer / Undercoat.
How do I get Fire Certification?
To obtain the completed certificates for a project customers should email [email protected] with the following details:
- Proof of purchase
- The contractors/applicators name and contact details (tel. no, email, address)
- Batch number(s) of product(s) used
- Site address
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 14m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 6 Hours
|Scott on 2017-09-13 13:32:27|| |
Question: How Longford the paint give for protection?
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss is just a topcoat so it will offer no level of protection at all without a relevant basecoat.
|Denise on 2017-08-23 10:39:57|| |
Question: I am looking for a fire resistant paint that I would like to apply on doors inside my flat. The flat is inside a communal building, so the doors have to be fire resistant. The doors are fire resistant by make, but currently covered with wood veneers. I will be painting them white after sanding down. I am wondering which fire resistant paint I should use. Thanks for your help.
If the doors are already the level of fire protection they need to be and you simply want to decorate them without compromising the current protection then the Bollom Flamguard range would be suitable.
However, if the doors need to be upgraded to a level of fire protection as they do not currently meet what is required then you would need to look at Fire Door Paint (30/60min) or Fire Door Varnish (30/60min).
|Lewis on 2017-08-13 20:58:19|| |
Question: Hi would this be suitable for fireboard surrounding an open biofuel fire?
Please see our blog post on Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove.
|simon cooper on 2017-03-03 14:39:55|| |
Question: Can the flame retardant Flameguard gloss top coat be applied over existing painted woodwork without the need for a Flameguard primer?
If you are simply maintaining the level of fire protection of a surface then Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss can be applied without the need for a basecoat. However, if you are trying to upgrade the level of fire protection to a substrate then a suitable and compatible basecoat must first be applied.
|Axel on 2016-07-16 13:20:41|| |
Question: Hi, is this the right paint for a fire resistant plaster surround of an inset woodburner. Temperature in the woodburner itself are supposed to be around 400 °C. I have as yet no experience how hot the surrounding area is going to be. Thanks, Axel
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Gloss is solvent based so we wouldn't recommend this to be used on plaster, however you could use Bollom Flameguard Ultra Acrylic Eggshell as we wouldn't expect the surrounding areas to get too hot.
Bollom Flameguard Ultra Primer/Undercoat is for application prior to the use of Bollom Flameguard Ultra Topcoats on bare and previously painted non-combustible surfaces. ADVANTAGES Excellent adhesion Seals porous surfaces Coverage Calculator More Information **Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat is a decorative, thin film intumescent base coat that delivers a Class 0 rating over solid timber and particle boards when used in conjunction with Bollom Flameguard Ultra Topcoats. Features and Benefits Achieves Class 0 fire protection rating to BS476: Parts 6 and 7 Hard wearing protective/decorative finish...