Nullifire FC101 Intumescent Coating Repair Filler is a single pack, high build filler based on thermoplastic acrylic resin and hydrocarbon solvent designed specifically for the repair of minor damage to System S Intumescent Basecoats applied to structural steelwork. To qualify for Express (1-3 day) shipping, basket value must exceed £75.00 +...
Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat
Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat is a water- based, white, thin film intumescent coating for the protection of internal structural steelwork. Nullifire SC802 can provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance.
- Includes Optifire+ technology - reliable and traceable fire protection
Nullifire SC802 can be applied to a smooth matt finish. A compatible top-seal can be applied if a decorative finish is required.
Features & Benefits
- Water based intumescent coating suitable for internal use on structural steelwork for up to 60 minute fire resistance
- “Next generation” product - with greater efficiency on site
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals
- Very low VOC
Surface Preparation & Priming
- SC802 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and primed steel surface.
- Certain types of primers can cause char adhesion problems in a fire. In particular, thermoplastic primers must be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM019 and PM020 primers - see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for details on compatibility.
- SC802 should not be applied directly to galvanised surfaces or zinc rich primer.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nullifire should be consulted for technical advice when zinc rich primers or the overcoating of existing paints are specifed for use.
- Nullifire SC802 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- SC802 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of SC802.
Optifire+ is a unique addition to Nullifire intumescent steel coatings that provides full transparency for:
- Applicators – Ability to ensure product installed on site is correct and to standards
- Main Contractors - Ability to ensure that specifications are been adhered to
- Architects and Specifiers - Ensuring your design projects comply to the latest building regulations and fire protection that is identifiable in future years
What is Optifire+ and how does it work?
Optifire+ is a unique and impossible to manipulate pigment. With Optifire+ we can be sure, at any time after the project is completed, that the product specified is the product applied – confidence that the materials submitted through the approval processes are installed to protect customer's assets.
Optifire+ is invisible to the naked eye and is added to Nullifire intumescent steel coatings. It can be identified with the traceability tool.
Why it’s important
As a product identifier, Optifire+ doesn’t change the way intumescent coatings work. But it does stimulate that they are used and are applied correctly. Nullifire intumescent steel coatings can’t be altered without it being visible and application can be checked afterwards.
With Optifire+, Nullifire goes beyond what’s expected and further endeavors to keep residents and emergency services safe, and protect the buildings that they rely on.
Optifire+ is manufactured within the UK. These locally produced products are independently tested and certified according to the highest standard in the industry.
Building owners are now more than ever been urged to act and put the safety of residents first. There’s an increased focus and scrutiny on the effectiveness of fire protection strategies in commercial and residential buildings. Negligence or simply being unable to prove that the proper precautions have been taken means risking legal action.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 1,000 g/m² based on an applied 0.5 mm dry film thickness
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
|Michael Muldoon on 2022-05-05 21:46:46|| |
Can you thin this product?
No, this product should not be thinned.
|Steven Storey on 2021-11-12 12:47:25|| |
How many sq/m does 1tin of Nullifire sc802 cover?
Intumescent paints like this do not have a specific coverage rate, the level of fire protection required and the steel dimensions will dicate the quantity required.
We can assist with a specification for the steels we would require the information below sent to [email protected]
- Level of fire protection required (i.e. 30, 60, 90min, etc.)
- Each steel section dimension (i.e. 254x146x37 UB)
- Quantity and length of each section (or overall meterage for each section)
- Orientation (horizontal or vertical)
- Number of sides to be painted (all sides, 3 sides, 1 flange, etc.)
- Structural Steel Design Code (i.e. EuroCode, BS5950, BS476; Part 21, etc.)
- Building type (i.e. office, domestic, storage, etc.)
- Environment (internal, external, car park, chemical exposure, etc.)
- Application on site or in shop
Alternatively you can just forward us drawings, fabrication/cutting lists and we'll extract the information from them but in that instance we'd need some guidance as to what to allow for i.e. all steels on first floor, etc.
|Darran nixon on 2020-01-02 16:12:48|| |
once i have applied the base coat with the 60 minute fire rating can i use a water base eggshell on top for colour purpose ?
|Richard Bennett on 2017-04-26 09:22:11|| |
Question: Can you confirm the dimension that needs to be allowed for expansion of 90min intumescent paint, i.e. the minimum clear dimension between the coating and any cladding, framing and associated obstructions. Many thanks.
Expansion Gap for 90min FR would be 50mm or 50x DFT. For 60min we can reduce gap to 30mm.
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...