Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat
Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat is a water- based, white, thin film intumescent coating for the protection of internal structural steelwork. Nullifire SC802 can provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance.
Shipping Options (Select at Checkout):
Nullifire SC802 can be applied to a smooth matt finish. A compatible top-seal can be applied if a decorative finish is required.
Features & Benefits
- Water based intumescent coating suitable for internal use on structural steelwork for up to 60 minute fire resistance
- “Next generation” product - with greater efficiency on site
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals
- Very low VOC
Surface Preparation & Priming
- SC802 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and primed steel surface.
- Certain types of primers can cause char adhesion problems in a fire. In particular, thermoplastic primers must be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM019 and PM020 primers - see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for details on compatibility.
- SC802 should not be applied directly to galvanised surfaces or zinc rich primer.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nullifire should be consulted for technical advice when zinc rich primers or the overcoating of existing paints are specifed for use.
- Nullifire SC802 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- SC802 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of SC802.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 1,000 g/m² based on an applied 0.5 mm dry film thickness
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
|Darran nixon on 2020-01-02 16:12:48|| |
once i have applied the base coat with the 60 minute fire rating can i use a water base eggshell on top for colour purpose ?
|Richard Bennett on 2017-04-26 09:22:11|| |
Question: Can you confirm the dimension that needs to be allowed for expansion of 90min intumescent paint, i.e. the minimum clear dimension between the coating and any cladding, framing and associated obstructions. Many thanks.
Expansion Gap for 90min FR would be 50mm or 50x DFT. For 60min we can reduce gap to 30mm.