Sherwin-Williams Firetex J120 is a high temperature fire resistant fabric scrim cloth, designed to reinforce the insulation ‘char’ developed when Firetex M90 reacts in a fire.
Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat
Nullifire SC802 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat is a water- based, white, thin film intumescent coating for the protection of internal structural steelwork. Nullifire SC802 can provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance.
Nullifire SC802 can be applied to a smooth matt finish. A compatible top-seal can be applied if a decorative finish is required.
Features & Benefits
- Water based intumescent coating suitable for internal use on structural steelwork for up to 60 minute fire resistance
- “Next generation” product - with greater efficiency on site
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals
- Very low VOC
Surface Preparation & Priming
- SC802 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and primed steel surface.
- Certain types of primers can cause char adhesion problems in a fire. In particular, thermoplastic primers must be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM019 and PM020 primers - see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for details on compatibility.
- SC802 should not be applied directly to galvanised surfaces or zinc rich primer.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nullifire should be consulted for technical advice when zinc rich primers or the overcoating of existing paints are specifed for use.
- Nullifire SC802 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- SC802 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of SC802.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 1,000 g/m² based on an applied 0.5 mm dry film thickness
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|Richard Bennett on 26/04/2017|| |
Question: Can you confirm the dimension that needs to be allowed for expansion of 90min intumescent paint, i.e. the minimum clear dimension between the coating and any cladding, framing and associated obstructions. Many thanks.
Expansion Gap for 90min FR would be 50mm or 50x DFT. For 60min we can reduce gap to 30mm.
Zeroflame Aquasteel WB+ is a White Intumescent Coating that is ideal for smaller fireproofing jobs on steel. ADVANTAGES Achieves 30 & 60 mins' fire resistance on structural steel profiles Tested to internationally accepted standards BS476 Parts 20 & 21 Certificate application included Fast drying Apply by brush, roller or...
Thermoguard High Build Metal Primer is the compatible, corrosion-resistant primer recommended for use on suitably prepared steel prior to the application of Thermoguard Thermocoat W. ADVANTAGES High build Quick dry Corrosion resistant Water-based/Solvent-based Protects during construction
Sherwin-Williams Firetex FX5062 is a water-based TCEP free thin film intumescent coating, specifically designed for airless spray application to provide fire resistance for periods up to 90 mins on structural steel. Firetex FX5062 has been Certifire Approved.
Mordant Solution is part of the Intumescent Coating for Steel & Aluminium Protection range, helping protect steelwork with extra fire protection. Prepares galvanised steel prior to coating Treats approx. 15 square metres per litre Available in 1L to 5L quantities
Jotun Steelmaster 120SB is a one component solvent based acrylic thin film intumescent coating independently approved for fire protection of structural steel exposed to celulosic fire. It can be used as mid coat or finish coat in atmospheric environments and is suitable on approved primers on carbon steel and galvanised steel substrates.
Nullifire TS815 Solvent-Based Acrylic Top Seal is a single pack, high build modified acrylic topseal conforming to 2010 VOC limits. This product is designed for use with the Nullifire System S range of intumescent basecoats.
Sherwin-Williams Firetex M72 is a solvent based intumescent mastic coating, used for the repair of small areas of mechanical damage to Firetex range of intumescent coatings.
Sherwin-Williams Firetex FX5120 is a water based TCEP free thin film intumescent coating. Firetex FX5120 has been designed for application by airless spray, to provide fire resistance for periods of up to 120 minutes on structural steel. FX5120 can also be used to enhance the fire resistance of concrete slabs and decks up to 60 minutes.
International Interchar 1290 is a thin film waterborne intumescent coating optimised for hollow sections up to 180 minutes fire resistance whilst still maintaining aesthetics. Interchar 1290 is a single component, borate and chlorine free, water borne intumescent coating designed for on-site application to structural steel requiring protection...
Sherwin-Williams FIRETEX FX6000 is an ultra fast-drying and durable intumescent coating designed to give the shortest possible time from application to handling for fire resistance periods up to 2 hours. The cured paint film is durable and damage resistant and can be exposed to the weather after 4 hours @ minimum 15°C.
Jotun Steelmaster 60WB is a one component waterborne acrylic thin film intumescent coating independently approved for fire protection of structural steel exposed to cellulosic fire. ADVANTAGES Best loadings for beams and columns Low VOC, water-borne Single coat application for a majority of 60minute steel sections Low odour Tested to...
Sherwin-Williams Sher-Cryl M770 (formerly known as Envirogard M770) is a water based quick drying gloss finish or sealercoat for the entire Sherwin-Williams FX product range.
International Interchar 1120 is a single component, borate and chlorine free, water borne intumescent coating designed for on-site application to interior exposed structural steel requiring protection from cellulosic fire. A low VOC intumescent material independently fire tested that will maintain your architectural aesthetics for fire resistance periods...