We no longer stock this product; In the absence of Nullifire FC101 Intumescent Coating Repair Filler, the associated base Intumescent product should be the material used for any repair requirements. Please contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] Nullifire FC101 Intumescent...
Nullifire SC801 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat
Nullifire SC801 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat is a water-based, white, thin film intumescent coating for the protection of internal structural steelwork, providing up to 120 minutes fire resistance.
Nullifire SC801 On-Site Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat SC801-120 can be applied to a smooth matt finish. A compatible top-seal can be applied if a decorative finish is required.
Features & Benefits
- Water based intumescent coating suitable for internal use on structural steelwork for up to 120 minute fire resistance
- Easier to apply product for greater efficency on site with improved smooth matt finish
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals
- Very low VOC
Surface Preparation & Priming
- SC801-120 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and primed steel surface.
- Certain types of primers can cause char adhesion problems in a fire. In particular, thermoplastic primers must be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM019 and PM020 primers- see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for details on compatibility.
- SC801-120 should not be applied directly to galvanised surfaces or zinc rich primer.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nullifire should be consulted for technical advice when zinc rich primers or the overcoating of existing paints are specified for use.
- Nullifire SC801-120 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- SC801-120 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of SC801-120.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 2,050 g/m² based on an applied 1.00 mm dry lm thickness
- Fastest Delivery
- Next Working Day
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...