International Interchar 1290
International Interchar 1290 is a thin film waterborne intumescent coating optimised for hollow sections up to 180 minutes fire resistance whilst still maintaining aesthetics. Interchar 1290 is a single component, borate and chlorine free, water borne intumescent coating designed for on-site application to structural steel requiring protection from cellulosic fire.
International Interchar 1290 is a single component, borate and chlorine free, water borne intumescent coating designed for on-site application to structural steel requiring protection from cellulosic fire. International Interchar 1290 is a low VOC acrylic intumescent material independently fire tested in accordance with BS 476 Parts 20-22.
International Interchar 1290 is a thin film waterborne intumescent coating optimised for hollow sections up to 180 minutes fire resistance whilst still maintaining aesthetics.
- Optimized loadings for 90-120 minutes fire resistance
- Tested to BS 476: Parts 20-22
- Compatible with a wide range of primers and a full topcoat color range including waterborne topcoats through our Interthane®, Interfine® and Intercryl® range
- High potential for thickness optimization to complement structural fire engineering solutions
- Fast drying characteristics for excellent productivity
- Single pack product for fast and easy single leg airless spray application
- High solids, low odor, low VOC formulation (according to EU Solvent Emissions Directive (SED) 1999/13/EC)
Fire protection with aesthetic appeal
Interchar 1290 has been designed to allow fireproofing without compromising aesthetic appeal:
- Competitive dry film thicknesses
- Applied as a thin layer, it does not compromise intricate designs and shapes created from the structural steel
- Easy overcoating with a wide range of tintable topcoats
Provides passive fire protection to structural steelwork while maintaining architectural aesthetics for commercial infrastructure assets including:
- Stadia and leisure facilities
- Commercial buildings
- Retail complexes
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close