Envirograf ES/VFR Clear Fire Protection Coating
Envirograf ES/VFR is a Clear Fire Protection Coating for wood and timber:
- British Standard Class 0 & 1 and EU standard B/s1/d0
- Water-based for internal/external use
- Can be used as part of an economically priced Envirograf system
- Easy and safe to apply
- Delivers long-term protection and fire resistance
- Also available in a white finish
Envirograf ES/VFR Clear Fire Protection Coating is to be used as part of a complete system including selected primers and topcoats to offer a clear coating suitable for upgrading new and already coated timber and certain wood related surfaces to British Standard Class 0 & 1 and EU standard B/s1/d0 (see product data sheets and test data for full details).
System Features & Benefits
- Water based
- Can be used internally and externally
- Achieve BS Class 1 & 0
- Achieve SBI B/s1/d0
- Low cost system
- Easy and safe to apply
- Long term protection
Preparation & Application
See product data sheets in the 'Download' section below.
- The coverage on the first coat could vary according to the density or type of timber.
- For suitable applications, contact the Technical Department.
- Trials in small areas must always be carried out prior to full application, as colour performance varies according to substrate structure.
- Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer must be applied on Oak and Cedar.
- Seek approval from the relevant authority for this product/system including test data prior to purchase/use (test data available upon request).
- Envirograf ES/VFR Hard Wearing Clear Top Coat is tough hard-wearing satin finish top coat for internal use.
- Envirograf ES/VFR Translucent Top Coat is a spirit based product to enhance the natural beauty of the wood for internal and external use.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||12m² per litre|
|Touch Dry||1 Hour|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|paul joseph on 04/06/2018|
which would I have to apply first on my decking a stainer or the clear protection coating which would be the best
Assuming Euroclass B (BS Class 0) Fire Propagation and Spread of Flame fire protection is required, for decking we would recommend Zeroflame Fire Retardant Treatment be applied to the bare timber. Waterborne stains or varnishes can be used over Zeroflame Fire Retardant Treatment as long as they are compatible, non-flammable and will dry. We always recommend to try a small sample area first to ensure the stain does not react with the Zeroflame Fire Retardant Treatment and will dry out.
|Gordon Burgess on 07/02/2018|
Is this suitable for internally fitted OSB sheets for workshop?
Bare OSB would first need to be primed with Envirograf ES/VFR Primer, before application of Envirograf ES/VFR Clear Fire Protection Coating and subsequent compatible topcoat.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close