Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating
Envirograf HW01 is a white, intumescent coating for wood.
- BS Class 0 & Class 1 protection
- 30 & 60 mins’ fire resistance
- White finish for upgrading new or previously coated wood & timber
- Water-based for internal/external use
- Should be used as part of a complete Envirograf system
Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating provides BS Class 0 & Class 1 as well as 30 and 60 minute protection for wood and certain wood related products (see product data sheets and test data for full details).
- Part of a complete system with selected primers and topcoats
- As a fireproof, white coating
- Upgrading new timber/wood
- Upgrading certain wood related surfaces already coated
Preparation & Application
See product data sheets in the 'Download' section below.
DOORS - Please download the 'Envirograf Upgrading Doors to Fire Doors' document from the 'Download' section below and then contact our Technical Department before purchase/use.
- When using Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating stir the tin well for approximately 5 minutes. In cold weather conditions it can go slightly thick, stand the container in hot water and stir it well – it will then go to a paint consistency.
- The properties of this product cannot be guaranteed unless storage and application instructions are adhered to, Envirograf strongly advise that you apply the product over a small area to ensure that there is no adverse reaction to the substrate to be processed.
- Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating cannot provide 30 or 60min protection on MDF, only BS Class 0 & Class 1.
- Minimum timber thicknesses apply for 30min and 60 minute protection - consult the product data sheets, test reports and Technical Department before proceeding.
- Seek approval from the relevant authority for this product/system including test data prior to purchase/use (test data available upon request).
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|Tania De la Porte on 07/01/2019|
Hi please can you tell me if this paint can be used on varnished wood stairs?
If coating over existing paint or varnish apply Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer first. Please note that this coating system cannot be used on any areas of the stairs that are trafficked, i.e. stair treads, hand rails, etc.
|Martin carter on 28/11/2018|
We have a specification requiring a ceiling to be painted with intumescent paint to be 1 hour fire protection for the room above what would you recomend
If the ceiling in question is timber, we would require the following details to enable us to provide you with a specification and quotation;
If the ceiling is plasterboard/lath & plaster then please instead provide the following;
|Paul houlichan on 14/10/2018|
Hi I'm looking at updating my doors to 20 minute firedoors to comply with building regs for a loft conversion, Will the doors need to be stripped back to bare wood?,they are white gloss at the moment
Envirograf Door Upgrade Paint System Packs allow users to upgrade solid wood/timber doors to up to 30 mins' fire resistance. Existing paints do not need to be removed assuming they are not a previous fire protection coating and are sound and well adhered.
|Elisabeth Moyes on 09/09/2018|
Can you paint a colour over the fireproof paint?
Envirograf state that once Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating has been applied you can go over with a topcoat of your choice. They do however recommend you carry out a small test area first to ensure adhesion and compatibility.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close