Hydron Nu-Flame Clear Overcoat
Nu-Flame Clear Overcoat is a clear varnish finish coating with flame retardant qualities for application onto timber surfaces. Tested to BS476 Part 7 Class 1 surface spread of flame and BS476 Part 6 Fire propagation.
- Protects against humidity, heat and wear and tear
- Satin and Gloss finishes available
- 12m²/Litre coverage
Nu-Flame Clear Overcoat is a clear varnish finish coating with flame retardant qualities for application onto timber surfaces, to complete the system and protect the Nu-Flame Intumescent Varnish or Nu-Flame Clear Impregnation. This overcoat has the added benefit of being able to be applied on top of previously varnished timber.
Tested to BS476 Part 7 Class 1 surface spread of flame and BS476 Part 6 Fire propagation. Designated Class '0' to current Building Regulations when used in conjunction with Nu-Flame Intumescent Varnish.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Homes - A fire in the home not only destroys possessions, it destroys memories and things that cannot be replaced. Add to that the hassle and pain of dealing with the insurance company and being homeless, protecting from fire damage is a very sensible move. Apply this coat onto timber surfaces (e.g. trusses).
- Log Cabin - Wood, wood everywhere. Wood is food for fire. Many log cabins are heated through log burners which present immediate risk since a fire already exists in the cabin. Along side a keen concern for safety, making the timber flame retardant should be on the list. As an added bonus, you also have the peace of mind that this coating is not harmful to the environment.
Features & Benefits
- Protects the intumescent varnish when subjected to humidity.
- Protects against heat and general wear and tear.
- Satin and Gloss finishes available.
- Touch dry in as little as 1 hour.
- 12m²/Litre coverage.
Abrade all surfaces to provide a key. Ensure surface is clean and free from surface moisture.
By brush/roller or conventional spray Maximum relative humidity during application and drying 75%. Minimum temperature during application and drying 8°C. Minimum surface temperature 3°C above dew point. All equipment should be cleaned as follows:
Water Based Overcoat – Water
Solvent Based Overcoat – White Spirit
Store away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Protect from frost.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 12m² / Litre
- Touch Dry
- Water Based - Touch: 1 Hour. Overcoat: 12 Hours | Solvent Based - Touch: 4 Hours. Overcoat: 12 - 24 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!