Medium to heavy duty self-smoothing polyurethane screed.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 2 (Option 1): Building
- Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations
- Conformity with LEED v4 MRc 4 (Option 2): Building
- Product Disclosure and Optimization - Material Ingredients
- Conformity with LEED v2009 IEQc 4.2: Low-Emitting
- Materials - Paints and Coatings
- Complies AgBB for use in in indoor environment Test
Approvals & Standards
- Polyurethane screed for concrete protection according to the requirements of EN 1504-2:2004 and conforms to the requirements of EN 13813: 2002, DoP 02 08 02 02 001 0 000002 1088, certified by Factory Production Control Body, 0086, certificate 541325, and provided with the CE-mark
- EN1186, EN 13130, and prCEN/TS 14234 standards, and the Decree on Consumer Goods, representing the conversion of directives 89/109/EEC, 90/128/EEC and 2002/72/EC for contact with food stuffs, according to test report by ISEGA, 32758 U11 and 32759 U11, both dated December 6th, 2011. (Tests performed on Sikafloor -20/21/22/29 and 31 PurCem in standard and LP versions)
- British Standards Specifications (BSS) acceptance for use in the UK
- Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, Ref. S/REP/125424/1a and 2a, dated 8th February, 2012
- Fire classification report according to EN 13501-1 from Exova Warrington Fire for Sikafloor-21 PurCem No.317047, dated 24th of March, 2012
- Liquid water transmission rate test report from the Technology Centre, Ref. 15456 dated January 25th, 2012
- Abrasion resistance tests performed by Face Consultants Ltd., according to BS 8204-2:2003, report ref. FC/12/3850, dated January 17th, 2012. (Tests performed on Sikafloor -20/21 PurCem)
- Impact resistance values tested at PRA, Ref. nº 75221-151, dated January 11th, 2012
- Slip resistance properties according to DIN 51130 tested at MPI (Materialprüfung und Entwicklung), test reports refs. Nº 12-6639-S/12 and 12-6641-S/12, dated August 7th, 2012
- Thermal expansion coefficient and freeze-thaw cycle resistance performed at RWTH / IBAC, report nº M-1614 dated May 29th, 2012
Substrate Quality / Pre-Treatment
The surface must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by vacuum. Pull of strength shall not be less than 1.5 N/mm2. If in doubt apply a test area first.
Premix part A with a low speed electric stirrer and then add part B and mix for 30 seconds. For the colourpack version, premix part A neutral with a low speed electric stirrer and add part D to it. Mix until a uniform colour is achieved. Ad part B and mix for 30 seconds. Use a double paddle (axis) mixer and gradually add part C (aggregate) to the mixed resin. Allow part C to blend for further 2 minutes minimum, to ensure complete mixing and a uniform moist mix is obtained. During the operations, scrape down the sides and bottom of the container with a flat or straight edge trowel at least once (parts A+B+C) to ensure complete mixing. Mixing Tools Use a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) for mixing parts A and B. For preparation of the mortar mix use a double paddle mixer.
Prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content, relative humidity and dew point. As a scratch coat Sikafloor-21 PurCem can be applied using a steel trowel. As a body coat Sikafloor-21 PurCem can be applied using a toothed trowel or pin screed, to the desired thickness, or a steel trowel. Remove air with a spike roller. For further details please refer to the related system data sheet.
Cleaning of tools
Clean all tools and application equipment with Thinner C immediately after use. Hardened / cured material can only be mechanically removed.
Do not apply to PCC (polymer modified cement mortars) that may expand due to moisture when sealed with an impervious resin.
Always ensure good ventilation when using Sikafloor- 21 PurCem in a confined space, to prevent excessive ambient humidity.
Freshly applied Sikafloor-21 PurCem, must be protected from damp, condensation and direct water contact (rain) for at least 24 hours.
Protect the substrate during application from condensation from pipes or any overhead leaks. Do not apply to cracked or unsound substrates.
Always allow a minimum of 48 hours after product application prior to placing into service in proximity with food stuffs.
Products of the Sikafloor-PurCem product range are subject to discolouration when exposed to UV radiation. Extend depends on colour. There are no measurable losses of any properties when this occurs and it is a purely aesthetical matter.
Products can be used outside provided the change in appearance is acceptable by the customer. In some slow curing conditions, soiling of the surface may occur when opened to foot traffic, even though mechanical properties have been achieved. It is advised to remove dirt using a dry mop or cloth.
Avoid scrubbing with water for the first three days.