Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer
Due to supply issues from the manufacturer, this product is temporarily unavailable.
Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer is a dual component etch primer suitable for achieving adhesion of polyurethane to all types of aluminium as well as all other metal types where adhesion is problematic. Protectakote 2K Metal Primer is suitable for applications involving complete immersion in water.
Features & Benefits
- Free of toxic zinc chromate
- Fast drying
- Neutral colour
- Aluminium walkways and steps
- Hydraulic lifts
- Metal railings
- Stainless steel items
- Galvanized items
- Aluminium boats
- Glazed ceramic tiles
- Inside metal tanks
- Pipes and fittings, etc.
- Clean and degrease the metal thoroughly before application.
- If oxides are present, a light sanding may be necessary. Use P180-P250 grit sandpaper, removing sanding dust with a solvent wipe.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before application.
Mix the preweighed packs together in a suitable container and when homogeneous commence application. If the packs are to be split into smaller quantities, observe the mix ratios given below.
- 100:50 by mass (2 to 1)
- 100:66.7 by volume (1.5 to 1)
Apply a single coat by brush, roller or spray keeping the product as thin as possible. Spray using a 1.5mm nozzle and pressure of 3-4 bar.
- Drying time: 10 minutes at 25°C
- Overcoating: after 30 minutes and before 24 hours
- Protectakote 2K Metal Primer is not suitable for thermoplastic acrylics and NC products.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Low (50-149 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 8 - 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!