Duram Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing. It can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating.
Duram Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing. It can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating. Duraprime is a twin pack, water-based epoxy primer of brushable consistency for clean cementitious surfaces.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply - no skilled labour required.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Compatible with most surfaces.
- Economical and no specialised equipment is required.
- To prime damp and dry surfaces and bituminous surfaces before application of compatible topcoat.
- Seal screeds.
- All cementitious surfaces to be laid to fall. Damage to be repaired and returned to sound condition.
- Remove loose grit.
- Whilst application may be made to damp surfaces (e.g. new concrete) they must not be wet.
- Moisture content of less than 10% is recommended to allow sufficient penetration of primer into concrete.
- To test for excessive moisture, cover area overnight with a plastic sheet and observe condensation on the plastic sheet or a noticeable discolouration of the concrete.
- Add part A to part B. Mix thoroughly to a uniform milky colour. Mixing ratio 1: 2, 5 by volume.
- Total contents of part A and part B must be mixed together. No variation to this ratio is acceptable.
- Apply thinly by brush or roller.
- The compound becomes clear when dry and can then be overcoated.
- As a primer only one coat is required.
- It is important that any overcoat be applied to Duram Duraprime while still tacky. Once fully cured inter-coat adhesion may be reduced.
- Please note this product is not suitable for use with clear Protectakote or Safekote as it will yellow over time on exposure to the sun.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller
- 5 - 7m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 - 8 Hours
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!