402 Damp Proof Coating is a two pack epoxy resin based primer/coating, which has been developed to function as a residual construction moisture suppressant, allowing the early installation of moisture sensitive flooring in fast track building programmes. One or two coats may be applied depending on the degree of dampness present in the subfloor.
402 Damp Proof Coating is also suitable for priming damp, minimally prepared substrates and as a high build coating in its own right.
For application in lower temperatures (5°C - 25°C) or when rapid overcoating/access is required a Winter Grade version of this product is available.
This product is for Professional Use Only.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
Features & Benefits
- Allows the early installation of moisture sensitive flooring in fast track building programmes
- Suitable for priming damp, minimally prepared substrates and as a high build coating in its own right
- Provides a surface damp-proof membrane
- Allows rapid laying of floor toppings to power floated concrete
- Solvent free, low odour
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- Excellent adhesion
- Surface tolerant
- Excellent resistance to water, grease and oil
- Can be used as a primer or finished floor coating
- Recommended application temperature 10°C - 30°C
||402 Damp Proof Coating
|Pot life @ 20°C:
|Pot life @ 10ºC:
|Tack Free Time @20°C:
|Hard Dry Time @ 20°C:
|Adhesive strength to damp concrete:
||3.6MPa (concrete failure)
||<0.2% after 7 days immersion
Please consult our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] for specific advice.
Should a non-slip finish be required, 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive can be added to the coating during mixing prior to application to produce an even and easily cleanable texture to the dried surface.
Alternatively the 'Anti Slip' option can be selected when purchasing the product and the 250 micron grade of 508 Anti-Slip Additive will be added at 2.4% prior to receipt.
If a more aggressive anti-slip finish is required 504 Standard Anti-Slip Additive or 505 Large Anti-Slip Additive can be scattered onto the first coat of 402 Damp Proof Coating whilst still wet (Full broadcast at approximately 2kg/m² or a partial scatter at 0.5kg/m²). The following day any excess aggregate may be swept from the surface using a clean brush prior to application of the second coat to ‘sandwich’ the anti-slip additive.
NOTE: For our ultimate slip resistance see 502 HD Anti-Slip Coating.
Results based on adding 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive (250 Micron Grade) @ 2.4%.
- 5kg unit - add 200g
- 15kg unit - add 600g
- Dry PTV: 49-51
- Wet PTV: 40-43
Slip potential classifications from Pendulum Test Values.
|Slip Resistance Values
|25 - 35
The above results must only be used as a general guideline as the slip resistance of a cured resin coating can vary considerably due to many factors including: application technique, variations in film thickness, dispersion of the anti-slip texturing additive and the surface variations of the substrate and location to where it will be applied.
To obtain accurate PTV readings that are site specific (if required) it is strongly recommended that a slip assessment pendulum test is undertaken on each specific site after completion of the installation when the resin has fully cured.
A full copy of the official test report is available upon request.
- 3m²/kg first coat
- 4m²/kg second coat
- Concrete surfaces shall be sound, clean and free from dust laitance and other contaminants
- Suitable mechanical treatments such as vacuum grit blasting is recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants and to provide a ‘key’ for 402 Damp Proof Coating
- Moisture testing of the substrate in accordance with BS8203, shall be carried out on new concrete floors
- A sub floor moisture reading of 97% R.H. can be accommodated by 402 Damp Proof Coating
- If readings exceed this figure, then the floor must be allowed to dry out further
- Pour the contents of the curing agent tin into the base container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour and consistency is achieved
Mixing Ratio (Clear):
- By Volume - 1.65 Base : 1 Curing Agent
- By Weight - 100 Base : 56.2 Curing Agent
Mixing Ratio (Colour):
- By Volume - 2.02 Base : 1 Curing Agent
- By Weight - 100 Base : 34.4 Curing Agent
As A Damp Proof Membrane:
Two Coat Application (R.H>92%):
- Apply a first coat of 402 Damp Proof Coating red, by brush, roller or airless spray to the prepared substrate at a nominal rate of 3m²/kg
- Within 24 hours apply a coat of 402 Damp Proof Coating grey at a nominal rate of 4m²/kg
Single Coat Application (R.H<92%)
- Apply a coat of 402 Damp Proof Coating (grey, red, or clear) at a nominal rate of 3m²/kg
As A Primer/Coating:
- As a coating, apply 1 or 2 coats of 402 Damp Proof Coating at a nominal rate of 3m²/kg per coat
- Allow 14 hours @ 20°C prior to applying the second coat
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray
- Do not apply to surfaces with standing water
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less
Storage & Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C
- Do not expose to freezing conditions
- 402 Damp Proof Coating has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Health & Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
- 402 Damp Proof Coating shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected]