This product is temporarily unavailable; in the meantime, our technical team recommend Instarmac UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm or Instarmac UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 10mm as a great alternative - use discount code MAY10 at checkout to save 10%! Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your...
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit is a two-component epoxy formula for the ultimate garage floor, saving time and providing an easy clean, showroom-quality appearance on concrete floors.
- Complete DIY kit including decorative chips/flakes, paint paddle, instructions and DVD
- One kit covers up to 25m²
- Durable and timesaving one-coat application
- Resists gasoline, anti-freeze, motor oil, salt, standing water, and hot tire pick-up
- Excellent wear, impact, and abrasion resistance, such as heavy foot and vehicle traffic
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit is a two-component, extremely user friendly and easy to apply (see the video above). This water-based epoxy garage floor coating has added adhesion and durability to protect and offer excellent wear, impact and abrasion resistance on even the heaviest foot and vehicle traffic floor areas, and is resistant to chemicals and standing water,
This epoxyshield garage floor coating can be applied to clean and dry concrete floors - see Rawlins Paints floor cleaning and preperation products here. It is not recommended to apply on smooth/dense concrete or concrete containing a curing compound, which will prevent a good adhesion. Epoxyshield can also be applied on old good adhering coatings.
The Rust-Oleum Epoxy Garage Floor Paint & Coating Kit consists of:
- 2-part epoxy floor system
- Decoration colour chips
- Stir stick
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features and Benefits
- Product Specification
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Application Methods
- Application Conditions
- Health and Safety
- 2-part epoxy formula for the ultimate garage floor
- Complete kit, including instructions and DVD
- Durable and timesaving one-coat application
- Provides an easy to clean, showroom-quality appearance
- Resists gasoline, antifreeze, motor oil, salt, and hot tire pick-up
- One kit covers 25 m² of smooth, bare concrete (a normal 1 car concrete garage floor)
- Dries to handle after 16 hours (at 20°C), suitable for light foot traffic
|Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit|
|Solids content in volume:||63.6%|
Each Epoxyshield® kit contains enough product to cover approximately 25 m² of smooth, bare concrete (a normal 1 car concrete garage floor)
Very rough or porous concrete may require more material. Expect coverage of 12-20 m² on those surfaces
|VOC Values:||53 g/l|
|Shelf Life:||5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35° C.|
|Curing Schedule At 20º C/RV 50%|
|Dry to Handle||Dry to Recoat||Fully Cured|
|16 hours (suitable for light foot traffic)||48 hours (suitable for normal foot traffic and heavy items)||7 days (suitable for vehicle traffic)|
- Remove any oil or grease spots on the floor. Use a scrub brush and a cleaner/degreaser or use a solvent such as mineral spirit
- Scrub the spot thoroughly and wipe up excess cleaner with rags or paper towels to keep contaminants from spreading. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water
- Repeat as necessary to completely clean. Mix all concentrated cleaner from the kit with approximately 7½-litre water
- Mix until dissolved (the cleaning solution contains citric acid). Pre-wet the floor using a hose
- Remove pooled water with a squeegee or broom to avoid leaving puddles
- Spread the cleaner mixture over a 3x3-m² section of the floor using a watering can
- Scrub vigorously with a stiff bristle brush to loosen dust and dirt.
- While working, keep the entire section wet until the entire section has been cleaned and rinsed
- Rinse each section thoroughly before starting the next section
- For best results, use a foam squeegee to remove the rinsewater from the surface and to move dirt and contaminants out of the garage
- Once all sections are completed, rinse and squeegee the entire garage floor to remove any cleaner that has been tracked on previously cleaned areas
- A wet/dry vacuum cleaner can also be used to eliminate excess water, dirt and contaminants
- Do not leave pooled water on the floor
- The cleaner will not discolour driveways or harm grass or plants if rinsed thoroughly
- Allow the floor to dry completely
- Wipe your fingers over the clean, dry floor
- If you see any dust or powder on your fingers, repeat the rinsing and scrubbing until the floor is clean
|Directions For Use:||
Do not mix Paint Chips with Epoxyshield®. Pour the contents of A into B and stir thoroughly for at least 3 minutes
Allow mixed product to stand (see table) before rolling the coating on to the surface
Do not leave container in direct sunlight
Mix again before applying
The product must be used within 1 to 2 hours of initial mixing (pot life, see table). This time decreases at higher temperatures
After the full 60 minutes use a paint roller (20 cm) to apply an even coat of Epoxyshield® onto the surface. Apply in sections of 1,5 x 1,5 m so that paint chips can easily be scattered on the freshly coated surface. Maintain awet edge to prevent lap marks and gloss differences. Sprinkle the decorative paint chips onto the wet film (note: this step may be skipped if chips are not desired. This will not affect the performance of the coating). Immediately continue to coat the next section (note: fresh paint can be applied over the loose chips that lay outside the previously painted area)
Only one coat is necessary
This product must be used within 3 hours of initial mixing (pot life)
2 hours (15°C)
1½ hours (20°C)
1 hours (25°C)
It is not recommended to apply Epoxyshield on floors treated with a levelling mortar or on anhydride floors
Since the application time is only 1 - 2 hours (depending on temperature) it is advisable to apply the product with 2 persons. Have 1 person begin trimming edges and have another person begin rolling out the floor as specified
- Apply when air (ambient) temperature is 15-35ºC and relative humidity is below 80%
- Concrete floors take a long time to warm up; make sure the previous day has also been at least 15ºC prior to painting
- Minimum floor temperature for painting is 13ºC
- Painting in mid-afternoon ensures the best cure
- Wash all tools and equipment immediately with warm water and mild detergent
- Allow any unused product to harden in the container and discard according to local regulations.
- VOC level: 53 g/l
- VOC readymix: 53 g/l
- VOC category: A/j
- VOC limit: 140 g/l
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. For skin contact, wash affected areawith soap and water and rinsewell
- First aid: in case of contact with eyes, flush with cold water for 15 minutes. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Drink 1-2 glasses of water or milk. Contact a physician immediately
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not take internally
- Consult for further information the safety data sheet and the safety information printed on the can
- Refer to the product data sheet and safety data sheet in the attachments section above for further details.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Low (50-149 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 2 Parts
- Mixing Ratio
- Base : Activator 3 : 1 (volume)
- Key Features
- 2-part water based epoxy. Complete kit including instructions. Resists gasoline, antifreeze, motor oil, salt and hot tire pick-up
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 16 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 48 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 1.5 hours (at 20°C)
- 25m² per kit
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 53 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35° C.
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
|John on 2021-04-11 10:58:36|| |
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit Please can you tell me what tools / equipment I need for this product? Also - can you suggest what type of roller would be best? Thanks
For application of this product we can recommend our Floor Application Kit. This comes with a 15ltr scuttle, a pack of brushes, 12" roller frame, pole and 2 rollers made to withstand solvents.
|Adam on 2021-01-05 10:53:34|| |
This product looks like a good option for finishing my double garage floor, can you advise if rustoleum sell a compatible epoxy product to increase the surface area spread rather than another entire kit, my sq ft is 272 and I’m not confident this kit will cover it to the recommended thickness?
The kit covers 25m², your floor is 25.3m² unfortunately the epoxy in this kit is not available seperately, we would recommend 2 kits for this application.
Or assuming the floor is clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the Technical Data Sheet you could consider this similar product Rust-Oleum 5300 Epoxyshield Maxx.
You would require 3.8ltrs per coat.
|Keith Hartley on 2019-06-08 18:46:17|| |
I see the garage floor paint is water based with epoxy resin how strong is the odour given off and the approximate time I can expect the smell to last. Regards Keith Hartley
We have no way of accurately describing the strength of odour to you but any odour present should be greatly reduced when touch dry (after 16 hours) and completely gone once fully cured (7 days). Good ventilation and drying conditions will help considerably.
|MARK GRAYSON on 2019-05-12 21:15:58|| |
Hello there, I have a 70m2 garage and was wondering what the working time is on this product? Would I have to do the entire floor using all three kits at once or can they be overlapped? Or is there a better product I should consider, the floor isnt overly smooth and the idea behind using this is it might hide a lot of the imperfections you see? Do you do anything else that adds flecks etc? Regards Mark
You can download the Product Data Sheet from the 'Attachments' tab on the product page which goes through the product drying times, preparation, application etc.
The floor area would need to be done in one go ideally as the data sheet advises to maintain a wet edge to prevent lap marks and gloss differences.
|James on 2019-03-23 02:44:30|| |
Does this come with the acid etch and degreaser?
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit inculdes;
|Jason Case on 2019-01-01 20:52:34|| |
Epoxyshield garage floor coating kit - can this product be applied directly onto a newly laid integral garage concrete floor (in a new build house) which hasn’t been sealed with a concrete sealer, or do I need to seal the floor first before covering with this paint?
Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit is intended for application directly to bare, concrete floors, which are completely clean and dry (fully cured). It is not recommended to apply on smooth/dense concrete or concrete containing a curing compound, which will prevent a good adhesion.
|Kathy marshall on 2016-09-03 13:12:12|| |
Question: Can this product be put on painted concrete and the floor is not smooth concrete.?
The existing paint must be well adhered and also two pack to enable the Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit to be applied. If this is the case prepare by way of cleaning thoroughly and abrading to provide a key for the new coating to stick to.
|Alan Bright on 2016-04-13 13:24:42|| |
Is this paint suitable to be applied to a floor levelled with Bostik Screedmaster Ultimate?
Bostik Screedmaster Ultimate according to Bostik is not intended to be a finished floor surface and is required to have a final floor covering applied such as tiles, wood laminate, carpet, etc. Although Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit should adhere reasonably well to the screed, no long term durability could be guaranteed due to the soft nature of the Bostik screed you have used.
|campbell on 2015-09-17 18:30:41|| |
What other products do I need to prep the garage floor before applying Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit?
You shouldn't need anything else, the kit comes with a cleaning solution to use on the floor prior to application of the coating. If your floor is damaged and requires repair mortar then you can choose from Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Concrete Repair Mortar, Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Fine Crack Repair or Rust-Oleum 5412 Epoxy Filler. Watch the video for Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating Kit HERE.
Floor Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides all the application equipment needed to apply conventional floor paints and coatings to a professional standard. The application of floor coatings is often crucial to their performance, so it is important to use the right tools to ensure a lasting finish. Each kit contains: 12" Roller,...