Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of 'spots' of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin
Rust-Oleum Mathys Pegasol Quartz
Rust-Oleum Mathys Pegasol Quartz is a two-pack, water based, anti-slip floor coating for indoor and outdoor applications, ideal for use on parking spaces, tennis courts, terraces, balconies, etc.
- Durable Quartz finish
- Easy application
- Fast drying
- Abrasion resistant
Rust-Oleum Mathys Pegasol Quartz
Rust-Oleum Mathys Pegasol Quartz is a two-pack, water based, anti-slip floor coating for indoor and outdoor applications. Ideal for use on parking spaces, tennis courts, terraces, balconies, etc. and is water vapour permeable with a quartz structure for anti-skid properties.
Features & Benefits
• Durable Quartz finish
• Water vapour permeable
• Easy application
• Fast drying
• Water based
• Abrasion resistant
• Excellent adhesion on most substrates
- Density: 1,6
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Solids content in volume: 63 %
- Solids Content in weight: 77 %
- Mixing Ratio: Base : Activator = 7 : 0.5 (Weight)
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 45 minutes
- Dry to handle: 2 hours
- Dry to recoat: 6 hours
- Fully cured: 1 week
- Pot Life: 1 hour (12 hours when diluted with 5% volume water)
800 g/m² per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
The substrate should be clean, dry and free from rising ground water. Pegasol Quartz can be applied directly on tiles, ceramics (even glazed), non-porous natural stones, tarmacadam. Porous concrete must be impregnated first with Primer 44 HS or with Vernac diluted with 10% volume Thinner 22. Curing compounds in case of poly concrete have to be removed by sand or grit blasting. On new or non-porous concrete, remove the cement grout by sand or grit blasting or attack with diluted hydrochloric acid (3 l hydrochloric acid in 10 l water, let it act for 10 minutes and rinse abundantly with clear water), let it dry afew days before application.
- Pegasol Quartz will withstand foot traffic after 6 hours and wheeled traffic after 3 days.
- Because of the development of acid products in Pegasol (Quartz) under influence of UVrays, it should not be finished with polyurethane-varnishes (e.g. Pegagraff Hydro) incase of external works.
- Add the hardener to the base gradually with good mechanical stirring.
- When Pegasol Quartz has to be recoated, please contact Rawlins Techincal Support.
- For applications on balconies and terraces, please contact Rawlins Technical Support.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Waters Based
- Brush, Roller
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 2 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 6 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 1 Week
- 800 g/m²
- Max. Application Temperature
- 80% R.H
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 63 %
- 30 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C
- Touch Dry
- 45 Mins
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 315 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 500 μm (800 g/m²)
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Mathys Vernac is a solvent based acrylic varnish used for the protection of non-ferrous metals and renovation of transparent skylights (except for polycarbonate). Alkali resistant Excellent flexibility High weather resistance Transparent Completely colourless Non-yellowing
Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS has a large fixation capacity for stabilising loose particles and improving the adherence of subsequent topcoats. Features and Benefits Unsaponifiable Good UV resistance Excellent fixation on roofs Very flexible Chlorinated rubber technology, solvent-based Quickly water-resistant (1 hour after...