Sika Reemat Premium is a glass fibre reinforcement mat for use in conjunction with various Sika systems to provide increased system strength, crack bridging and longevity. Refer to the relevant Sika system/product data sheets for specfic details on application, consumption, etc.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings. Pre-weighed – just add and stir in, long pot life, drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour, humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Long pot life- accelerated product can be kept for 24-48 hours before thickening occurs.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- Protectakote Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
- Protectakote Accelerator is the correct accelerator to use with clear and smooth UVR products but will be ineffective with all textured UVR products. This is due to the different curing mechanism used in clear and smooth Protectakote UVR products.
Do not confuse with Protectakote UVR Accelerator (also available in 20ml and 80ml doses). Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||3.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|20||4.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|15||5.5 Hours||3.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|10||9 Hours||4.5 Hours||3.5 Hours|
|8||12 Hours||6 Hours||5 Hours|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Sika PVA Colorflakes are broadcast on to various Sikafloor systems (e.g. Sika ComfortFloor and Sika ComfortFloor Pro) to provide an attractive decorative appearance before being sealed by a compatible clear sealer.
Rust-Oleum Non-Skid Additive NS 100 an anti-slip HDPE granulate that turns a standard floor coating into a durable anti-slip coating. It is intended to be added to 1K floor paint to produce a subtle non-skid surface, that is not harmful when falling on the floor and easier to clean than coarse anti-slip floors. Mix with the required Rust-Oleum paint prior...
Sikafloor Pronto AP 1 is an adhesion promoter for use with Sikafloor 10 Pronto. Sikafloor 10 Pronto is a 4-part, low-viscosity, fast curing primer based on reactiveacrylic resins with enhanced substrate adhesion for the Sikafloor Pronto Modular System.
Coo-Var Profloor Plus Anti-Slip Aggregate is ground mineral powder of specific particle size (0.54 – 0.71mm) to be used to create an anti-slip element to Coo-Var Profloor Plus, Profloor Plus FH and Coo-Var Profloor Plus Cold Cure 2 Pack Epoxy Floor Paints.
Sikafloor Earthing Kit is a system of anchored brass plates with a stable earth connection. Each box contains 10 connections and at least 2 per room should be used - see coating system data sheet for more details.
Reflective Glass Beads to increase reflectivity, durability and slip resistance of surface applied coatings. For ‘drop-on’ or ‘surface-applied’ application which conforms fully to the requirements of Class B of BS 6088 1981.
Remmers Quartz 20/30 is a light coloured naturally rounded quartz which is washed, dried and graded. Applications include resin systems, concrete, floor screeds, artificial stone and as a general filler. Image already added
Sikafloor Fibreshield, Fibre Suppressant Dry Shake Floor Hardener. Sikafloor Fibreshield is a preblended, ready to use, fibre suppressant topping for monolithic fibre reinforced concrete floors. When sprinkled and trowelled into fresh wet concrete floors, it forms a wear resistant, smooth surface, providing a reduction in exposed fibres and improved...
A polypropylene bead additive providing additional under foot traction to floor coatings. The soft feel of this additive is ideal for comfortable bare skin contact in wet environments. Advantages Helps to prevent accidents on wet floor areas Stir directly into paint Cream in colour ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 Conforms with parts KU1 C/D and KF...
Sikafloor DecoFiller is available in different colours and is certified as a low emission, synthetic fine filler, optimised for highly decorative flooring systems in combination with Sikafloor 169.
Remmers Add 250 is a wear resistant, transparent, chemical resistant polymer granulate. By adding the polymer spheres to liquid sealing materials, transparent as well as coloured, slip resistant sealants can be produced. Image already added
Sikafloor Pronto AP 2 is an adhesion promoter for use with Sikafloor 10 Pronto. Sikafloor 10 Pronto is a 4-part, low-viscosity, fast curing primer based on reactiveacrylic resins with enhanced substrate adhesion for the Sikafloor Pronto Modular System.
Sikafloor Pronto Filler is fine white aggreagate filler of specific grading that should be used as an additive with certain Sikafloor Pronto products to create self-smoothing screeds and levelling mortars.
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protefctakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.