Remmers Floormix DQ Aggregate is a special blend of graded decorative colour quartz aggregate for the production of epoxy mortar screeds. Can be laid at 3 - 4mm and available in a wide range of colour blends. Blend with any of the Remmers epoxy resins as a binder.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings. Pre-weighed – just add and stir in, long pot life, drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour, humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Long pot life- accelerated product can be kept for 24-48 hours before thickening occurs.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- Protectakote Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
- Protectakote Accelerator is the correct accelerator to use with clear and smooth UVR products but will be ineffective with all textured UVR products. This is due to the different curing mechanism used in clear and smooth Protectakote UVR products.
Do not confuse with Protectakote UVR Accelerator (also available in 20ml and 80ml doses). Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||3.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|20||4.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|15||5.5 Hours||3.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|10||9 Hours||4.5 Hours||3.5 Hours|
|8||12 Hours||6 Hours||5 Hours|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Remmers Artico Color is a highly filled pigment paste for pigmenting synthetic resins, e.g. Remmers PUR Top Plus. Used for producing coloured, slip-retarding floor coating sealants in interior areas.
A polypropylene bead additive providing additional under foot traction to floor coatings. The soft feel of this additive is ideal for comfortable bare skin contact in wet environments. Advantages Helps to prevent accidents on wet floor areas Stir directly into paint Cream in colour ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 Conforms with parts KU1 C/D and KF...
A specially formulated quartz aggregate to be added to various high build products in our floor coatings range to provide increased 'anti-slip' properties in both dry and wet conditions to improve safety.
Sikafloor DecoFiller is available in different colours and is certified as a low emission, synthetic fine filler, optimised for highly decorative flooring systems in combination with Sikafloor 169.
Sika PU Coloured Quartz are a blend of graded, coloured quartz aggregate used with various Sika coating systems to provide colour, slip resistance and build. Refer to the respective product data sheets for full details on consumption, use and performance.
Sikafloor Comfort Regupol 4580 is a polyurethane rebound foam shockpad which is part of the Sika ComfortFloor Decorative Pro system. Sikafloor Comfort Regupol 4580 is a prefabricated shockpad produced by bonding polyether-foam crump and fine rubber-dust with a polyurethane compound.
Sikafloor Pronto Pigment is a coloured powder used to colour certain Sikafloor Pronto products. Sikafloor Pronto Pigment is pre-mixed with a disovler and then added in measured quantities to the selected products resin base. See the Sikafloor Pronto product data sheet for specific details on how to use.
Remmers Ceramix 20/30 is a coloured quartz sand with a grain size of approx. 2 - 3mm producing a decorative mixture of aggregates for coloured quartz floorings, e.g. decorative pebble covers or stone imitation covers. Image already added
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protefctakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Remmers Quartz 20/30 is a light coloured naturally rounded quartz which is washed, dried and graded. Applications include resin systems, concrete, floor screeds, artificial stone and as a general filler. Image already added
Remmers PUR Top Accelerator is a VOC free liquid additive used to accelerate the curing time of Remmers PUR Top polyurethane systems. Remmers PUR Top Accelerator can be easily added and mixed into the Remmers PUR Top polyurethane systems. The addition of the accelerator will increase the speed of cure and will not affect the final characteristics of the...
Sikafloor Pronto AP 1 is an adhesion promoter for use with Sikafloor 10 Pronto. Sikafloor 10 Pronto is a 4-part, low-viscosity, fast curing primer based on reactiveacrylic resins with enhanced substrate adhesion for the Sikafloor Pronto Modular System.
Remmers ACC H is a solvent-free, amine accelerator for Remmers Epoxy Flex PH and Remmers Epoxy ST 100. Through the addition of Remmers ACC H the drying times and curing rates of Remmers Epoxy Flex PH and Remmers Epoxy ST 100 can be reduced. Image already added