- There are no more items in your cart
- Shipping Calculated at checkout
- Sub-Total (ex. VAT) £0.00
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings. Pre-weighed – just add and stir in, long pot life, drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour, humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Long pot life- accelerated product can be kept for 24-48 hours before thickening occurs.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- Protectakote Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
- Protectakote Accelerator is the correct accelerator to use with clear and smooth UVR products but will be ineffective with all textured UVR products. This is due to the different curing mechanism used in clear and smooth Protectakote UVR products.
Do not confuse with Protectakote UVR Accelerator (also available in 20ml and 80ml doses). Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||3.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|20||4.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|15||5.5 Hours||3.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|10||9 Hours||4.5 Hours||3.5 Hours|
|8||12 Hours||6 Hours||5 Hours|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!