Remmers Floormix Aggregate is a special grade of colour quartz aggregate for the production of epoxy mortar screeds. One primary colour with black and white flecks to achieve an attractive easy to apply decorative resin mortar. Blend with any of Remmers clear epoxy resins as a binder. Ideal for workshops, food production areas, wet areas, police cells,...
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protefctakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protectakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Low humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote UVR coatings to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- The active catalyst in a 20ml dose is 3g of an amine, while an 80ml dose contains 12g of amine.
- A 20ml (or 80ml) dose is a 2% addition by volume.
- The percentage addition of active accelerator is 100% by mass per dose.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
Do not confuse with Protectakote Accelerator which is also in 20ml and 80ml doses. Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote UVR at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||1.5 Hours||1 Hour||55 mins|
|20||2 Hours||1.5 Hours||55 mins|
|15||2.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|10||3 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|8||4 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Rust-Oleum Non-Skid Additive NS 500 is a specially selected non-skid additive that can be mixed with the required Rust-Oleum coating system or sprinkled into the freshly applied coating to produce a non-skid surface.
Rust-Oleum Non-Skid Additive NS 100 an anti-slip HDPE granulate that turns a standard floor coating into a durable anti-slip coating. It is intended to be added to 1K floor paint to produce a subtle non-skid surface, that is not harmful when falling on the floor and easier to clean than coarse anti-slip floors. Mix with the required Rust-Oleum paint prior...
Remmers Ceramix 20/30 is a coloured quartz sand with a grain size of approx. 2 - 3mm producing a decorative mixture of aggregates for coloured quartz floorings, e.g. decorative pebble covers or stone imitation covers. Image already added
Remmers PUR Top Accelerator is a VOC free liquid additive used to accelerate the curing time of Remmers PUR Top polyurethane systems. Remmers PUR Top Accelerator can be easily added and mixed into the Remmers PUR Top polyurethane systems. The addition of the accelerator will increase the speed of cure and will not affect the final characteristics of the...
Sika Quartz Sand is a light coloured kiln dried graded quartz sand for use with Sika coatings and membranes to provide a mechanical key for subsequent levelling materials. Sika Quartz Sand can also be used to bulk out certain Sika screeds and mortars as well as being used as an anti-slip additive.
Sika PU Accelerator is a catalyst designed to increase the cure rate of Sikalastic products and Sikafloor products to facilitate a faster application and reduce downtime in areas where a rapid return to service is required.
Rust-Oleum Ultra-Wear 400 increases the wear resistance of floor coatings, and is a special additive based on aluminium oxide to enhance the abrasion resistance and traction of floor coatings.
A polypropylene bead additive providing additional under foot traction to floor coatings. The soft feel of this additive is ideal for comfortable bare skin contact in wet environments. Advantages Helps to prevent accidents on wet floor areas Stir directly into paint Cream in colour ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 Conforms with parts KU1 C/D and KF...
Sika PVA Colorflakes are broadcast on to various Sikafloor systems (e.g. Sika ComfortFloor and Sika ComfortFloor Pro) to provide an attractive decorative appearance before being sealed by a compatible clear sealer.
Smartkote Protectakote Safety Grip is an additive for Protectakote non-slip coatings which provides improved grip under wet conditions. Protectakote Safety Grip comprises accurately sized sand particles with no dust, fines or aggregations. Can be added to Protectakote at a 20% (m/m) level where wet conditions will be experienced, or where additional...
Remmers Ceramix 07 is a mixture of coloured quartz with a special aggregate grading curve for coloured blinded floor covers used as blinding material for slip-resistant coverings and for the production of mortars and screed mixes. Coloured quartz sand with grain size of approx. 0,2 - 0,7 mm, e.g. for use as aggregate for Remmers decorative pebble...
Sikafloor Fibreshield, Fibre Suppressant Dry Shake Floor Hardener. Sikafloor Fibreshield is a preblended, ready to use, fibre suppressant topping for monolithic fibre reinforced concrete floors. When sprinkled and trowelled into fresh wet concrete floors, it forms a wear resistant, smooth surface, providing a reduction in exposed fibres and improved...
Sikafloor Pronto Hardener is a white powder activator for the Sikafloor Pronto range of products. It is mixed by weight with Sikafloor Pronto Resin bases prior to use and activates curing of the product. See Sikafloor Pronto product data sheet for specific information on usage, mixing and consumption.
508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive is a fine particle texturing additive specially formulated to be added to various products in our floor coatings range to provide a finely textured finish that increases 'anti-slip' properties but allows the surface to still be easily cleaned.
Sikalastic 827 LT is a modified hot-melt adhesive with defined volume increase and chemical bond activated by the hot asphalt used as part of the bridge deck waterproofing system underneath mastic asphalt and asphalt concrete.