Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protefctakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protectakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Low humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote UVR coatings to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- The active catalyst in a 20ml dose is 3g of an amine, while an 80ml dose contains 12g of amine.
- A 20ml (or 80ml) dose is a 2% addition by volume.
- The percentage addition of active accelerator is 100% by mass per dose.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
Do not confuse with Protectakote Accelerator which is also in 20ml and 80ml doses. Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote UVR at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||1.5 Hours||1 Hour||55 mins|
|20||2 Hours||1.5 Hours||55 mins|
|15||2.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|10||3 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|8||4 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Pack Size
- 20ml, 80ml
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!