Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protefctakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a liquid second component which may be added to ProtectaKote UVR if desired to increase the rate at which the product cures at low temperatures or humidity. Protectakote UVR Accelerator is not intended for use at normal room temperatures.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-weighed – just add and stir in.
- Fast drying - Drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour.
- Low humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.
- Lead & heavy metal free.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator is a second component that can be added to Protectakote UVR coatings to speed up the drying time
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should only be added where time constraints exist and temperatures are lower than 15°C.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator should be added to the product just prior to use and stirred in well.
Rate of Addition
- Protectakote Accelerator is supplied in preweighed doses suitable for either 1 litre packs or for 4 litre packs.
- The product is supplied in a 20ml dose for addition to a litre, or an 80ml dose for addition to a 4 litre pack.
- In rare cases two doses may be added- when humidity and/or temperature is very low.
- The active catalyst in a 20ml dose is 3g of an amine, while an 80ml dose contains 12g of amine.
- A 20ml (or 80ml) dose is a 2% addition by volume.
- The percentage addition of active accelerator is 100% by mass per dose.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can reduce the gloss of the coating if used at normal temperatures.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator can also increase the incidence of surface defects like pinholes, if used at normal temperatures.
- Stir product well before addition.
- Add the accelerator with stirring.
- Ensure that the accelerator is well mixed in.
- Put the lid back on until you are ready to apply the coating.
- Apply the product as usual if used at low temperature or humidity.
- If used at room temperature to speed up the drying time, apply thinner coats than usual.
- Protectakote UVR Accelerator may reduce the glossiness of the application especially when the humidity is high.
Do not confuse with Protectakote Accelerator which is also in 20ml and 80ml doses. Addition of Protectakote UVR Accelerator to regular Protectakote will cause lumps to form immediately and render the product useless.
Drying schedule @ 330 microns wet film thickness:
The following table shows approximate drying times of Protectakote UVR at various temperatures with and without the use of accelerator:
|No Accelerator||1 Dose||2 Doses|
|23||1.5 Hours||1 Hour||55 mins|
|20||2 Hours||1.5 Hours||55 mins|
|15||2.5 Hours||2 Hours||1.5 Hours|
|10||3 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|8||4 Hours||2.5 Hours||2 Hours|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Remmers Quartz 04/08 is a special combination of washed, fire-dried, quartz sand mixture used as a filler in synthetic resin bound Remmers floor coatings. Grain size approx. 0.4 - 0.8mm.
A specially formulated quartz aggregate to be added to various high build products in our floor coatings range to provide increased 'anti-slip' properties in both dry and wet conditions to improve safety.
To be added to any of the Epoxyshield Floor Coatings range - Epoxyshield Ultra, Epoxyshield Sealer, Epoxyshield Maxx and Epoxyshield Garage Floor Coating to produce a non-skid surface.
Sikafloor Comfort Regupol 6015H is a rubber shockpad that is part of the Sika ComfortFloor Pro system. Sikafloor Comfort Regupol 6015H is a prefabricated rubber shockpad produced by bonding rubber crump with a polyurethane compound.
Sikafloor 2 SynTop, Non-metallic dry shake floor hardener. Sikafloor 2 SynTop is a one part, preblended, coloured synthetic dry shake hardener for concrete comprising of cement, hard aggregates, compatible admixtures and pigment.
Coo-Var Profloor Plus Anti-Slip Aggregate is ground mineral powder of specific particle size (0.54 – 0.71mm) to be used to create an anti-slip element to Coo-Var Profloor Plus, Profloor Plus FH and Coo-Var Profloor Plus Cold Cure 2 Pack Epoxy Floor Paints.
Sika PU Accelerator is a catalyst designed to increase the cure rate of Sikalastic products and Sikafloor products to facilitate a faster application and reduce downtime in areas where a rapid return to service is required.
Rust-Oleum Non-Skid Additive NS 500 is a specially selected non-skid additive that can be mixed with the required Rust-Oleum coating system or sprinkled into the freshly applied coating to produce a non-skid surface.
Remmers Accelerator D40 is a single component liquid catalyst used to reduce the cure period of the PUR Indu Color D40. This enables faster installation of the car park and balcony decking membrane system as well as localised remedial works to be carried out in short period of time.
A specially formulated quartz aggregate to be added to various products in our floor coatings range to provide increased 'anti-slip' properties in both dry and wet conditions to improve safety. Broadcast/sprinkle into the freshly applied wet coating and over coat once dry to encapsulate the additive fully.
Sikafloor DecoFiller is available in different colours and is certified as a low emission, synthetic fine filler, optimised for highly decorative flooring systems in combination with Sikafloor 169.
Remmers Ceramix 20/30 is a coloured quartz sand with a grain size of approx. 2 - 3mm producing a decorative mixture of aggregates for coloured quartz floorings, e.g. decorative pebble covers or stone imitation covers. Image already added
Sika Reemat Premium is a glass fibre reinforcement mat for use in conjunction with various Sika systems to provide increased system strength, crack bridging and longevity. Refer to the relevant Sika system/product data sheets for specfic details on application, consumption, etc.
Smartkote Protectakote Accelerator is a pure, solvent free catalyst used to speed up the drying time of Protectakote non-slip and smooth coatings. Pre-weighed – just add and stir in, long pot life, drying times can be reduced to as little as one hour, humidity and low temperature effects which extend drying times can be reduced.