Sikafloor 220 W Conductive is a two part, water dispersed, epoxy resin primer with high electrostatic conductivity. Must be applied as a primer underneath all Sikafloor conductive wearing courses on concrete and cementitious screeds for different types of industrial use.
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is a single component primer treatment, which can be used to prepare inorganic surfaces for the subsequent adhesion of Smartkote polyurethane coatings. This product ensures excellent adhesion of reactive, solvent-borne urethanes to unreactive inorganic surfaces without changing their appearance.
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is a single component primer treatment, which can be used to prepare inorganic surfaces for the subsequent adhesion of Smartkote polyurethane coatings. This product ensures excellent adhesion of reactive, solvent-borne urethanes to unreactive inorganic surfaces without changing their appearance. Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is essential for the application of clear non-slip or clear smooth versions of Smartkote to substrates which generally don’t allow adhesion.
Features & Benefits
- Safe and easy to use.
- Does not acid etch the surface and therefore can be used on a multitude of inorganic surfaces where it will provide superior adhesion without damaging the surface or changing its appearance dramatically.
- Does not create a film that could discolour, but changes the surface by attaching an organic molecule which can subsequently react with urethane.
- Product Uses
- Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment ensures adhesion to marble, glazed tiles, glass, aluminium, mild steel, stainless steel, most other metals and some plastics.
- Minimum 10m² per litre.
- Alternatively, one square metre requires 100ml.
- Remove all contaminants such as dust, dirt and oils. This may be achieved by means of a solvent or soapy water. Dry the surface.
- Aluminium should be lightly abraded first to remove the oxide layer and then solvent wiped, the primer and first coat must be applied within 2 hours to prevent the oxide layer re-forming.
- A fully decontaminated surface will show a water ‘break-free’ surface. The presence of oils on the surface will cause the primer to retreat. If this effect is observed, the surface must be cleaned again and the primer re-applied.
- Using gloves and eye protection, apply the product using a clean and dry paintbrush or roller. The product may also be sprayed using conventional spray equipment for low viscosity liquids.
- It is not necessary to thin the product. Use straight from the tin. Avoid using other containers, which may be contaminated.
- Create a film of the primer treatment on the substrate and allow to dry (20 minutes). Re-apply to any areas, which have been avoided due to surface tension.
- If problems persist in wetting a certain area it may still be contaminated with oil. Clean again and re-apply. Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment does contain a wetting agent and surface tension effects are not expected on an oil-free surface.
- Drying time: Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment evaporates rapidly in a thin film and will be dry and ready for over coating after 20 minutes at all conditions of temperature and humidity
- Over coating window: Once treated (as demonstrated by a slight matting of the surface) the surface must be painted within 6 hours. If this window is exceeded, reapply the treatment.
- Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment contains water and alcohols. Do not allow contamination of your reactive urethane with it- a rapid development of heat and pressure will result. In addition, the ability of the urethane to cure may be reduced.
- The primer produces some self-polymerisate that is evident in the form of a powder left on the surface and some solid material on the bottom of the tin. This is inherent and does not reduce the functioning of the product.
- Half-tins of the product should not be stored for any extended length of time as solidificatoin occurs.
- The product may have reduced active ingredient is there is excessive self-polymerisate evident, but will still function. In such a case, simply use more of it.
- This primer produces a surface whereby hydrogen atoms already present on the surface are modified by the attachment of a single, covalently bonded organosilane molecule. The organic part of this molecule is then available for reaction with Smartkote urethanes. The primer is therefore only one molecule thick and is not visible to the naked eye. The matting effect or the powder that is sometimes visible is self-polymerisate.
- The self-polymerisate powder does not need to be removed prior to application of the urethane. It will be compounded into the urethane and will not be visible.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- Brush, Roller
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Coo-Var Floor Sealer is a low cost, clear, semi-gloss sealer for suitably prepared concrete, wood, metal and GRP. ADVANTAGES Low cost External/Internal use Semi-gloss Versatile Prevents dusting
After spending a generous amount of money on the right coloured brick for your driveway, you are now looking for a robust protective coating, whilst enhancing the natural colour of the paving, the Mona-Guard Nhance is the ideal choice. Other Great Uses Enhances the natural colour of the substrate. Resistance to dirt and stains. Highly resistant to...
Rust-Oleum 5220 Epoxyshield® Sealer is a one-component, water-based, concrete sealer based on a vinyl acrylic binder: Reduces dust production on concrete Protects against liquid and chemical spills Suitable for garage floors Cost-effective Quick drying and easy to apply
Forms the perfect seal on industrial floors and floors which require the reduction of fungal and bacterial growth, such as in hospitals. Advantages Epoxy resin Good resistance to chemicals FeRFA Class Type 1 Reduces fungal and bacterial growth
Sikafloor 327 is a 2-part, tough, elastic polyurethane self-smoothing resin coating for indoor use in Decorative and Industrial flooring. Sikafloor 327 is solvent free, very low VOC emission and part of the Sika Comfort Floor Tough system.
Remmers QP Top Plus is a slip-resistant sealant with a very short reaction time used as a sealant in the Remmers QP System. High UV resistance, full curing at temperatures from 0°C, silk gloss surface, can be subjected to mechanical loads, slip-resistant.
Remmers Epoxy FAS 100 is a substrate tolerant, unpigmented epoxy resin binder that is used as an impregnation agent, primer, levelling layer and for the production of compression resistant mortars, flow mortars, blinding layers for blinded covers.
Sikafloor's 156 is a two part epoxy primer, levelling mortar and mortar screed. On its own it is a low viscosity, solvent free epoxy resin, that can be used for priming concrete substrates, cement screeds and epoxy mortars. Combined with Quartz Sands and Sika Extender T is becomes a levelling mortar and mortar screed.
Ennis-Flint MMAXGRIP PRMX Primer is a 2-component, fast-reactive/fast-curing MMA-based (polymethyl methacrylate) resin primer used as a barrier on absorbent substrates in preparation for the later application of Ennis-Flint waterproofing or surfacing products. Easy to apply, very good adhesion on absorbent substrates, hydrolysis and alkali-resistant,...
Resujoint V is a flexible, thixotropic, two-component epoxy joint sealant designed to accommodate low level movement in vertical and horizontal joints. ADVANTAGES Tough, yet flexible Adhesive Easy to clean Good chemical resistance Accommodates movement Maintains a seamless finish
Sikafloor Comfort Porefiller is a 2-part, total solids, low VOC, PUR used as part of the Sika ComfortFloor Pro and Sika ComfortFloor Decorative Pro System that is a durable high quality compound used for sealing and levelling of the permeable surface of prefabricated Regupol rubber sheets.
Britannia Epoxy Floor Primer will make light work of your hard porous floor surfaces, allowing for much better adhesion. Developed with industrial and showroom floors in mind, where a hard-wearing epoxy coating is required; this primer will form the perfect base in which to apply the coloured topcoat. Advantages Easy application Eco-friendly...
Bradite Floor Primer is a clear coating solution to prime power floated, non-porous concrete and quarry tiles ready for top coating. Excellent for food areas due to it's low-odour and non-taint solution. Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004. Advantages Primer and topcoat can be applied the same day...
Sika Patio Seal is a solvent free acrylic coating used to seal and protect patios, paths, natural stone, concrete and block paving from the effects of the sunlight, water, oil, petrol and organic growth. The milky solution dries to hard wearing water repellent film which gives a low sheen slip resistant finish which will reduce dirt pickup and facilitate...