Remmers Epoxy FAS 100 is a substrate tolerant, unpigmented epoxy resin binder that is used as an impregnation agent, primer, levelling layer and for the production of compression resistant mortars, flow mortars, blinding layers for blinded covers.
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is a single component primer treatment, which can be used to prepare inorganic surfaces for the subsequent adhesion of Smartkote polyurethane coatings. This product ensures excellent adhesion of reactive, solvent-borne urethanes to unreactive inorganic surfaces without changing their appearance.
Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is a single component primer treatment, which can be used to prepare inorganic surfaces for the subsequent adhesion of Smartkote polyurethane coatings. This product ensures excellent adhesion of reactive, solvent-borne urethanes to unreactive inorganic surfaces without changing their appearance. Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment is essential for the application of clear non-slip or clear smooth versions of Smartkote to substrates which generally don’t allow adhesion.
Features & Benefits
- Safe and easy to use.
- Does not acid etch the surface and therefore can be used on a multitude of inorganic surfaces where it will provide superior adhesion without damaging the surface or changing its appearance dramatically.
- Does not create a film that could discolour, but changes the surface by attaching an organic molecule which can subsequently react with urethane.
- Product Uses
- Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment ensures adhesion to marble, glazed tiles, glass, aluminium, mild steel, stainless steel, most other metals and some plastics.
- Minimum 10m² per litre.
- Alternatively, one square metre requires 100ml.
- Remove all contaminants such as dust, dirt and oils. This may be achieved by means of a solvent or soapy water. Dry the surface.
- Aluminium should be lightly abraded first to remove the oxide layer and then solvent wiped, the primer and first coat must be applied within 2 hours to prevent the oxide layer re-forming.
- A fully decontaminated surface will show a water ‘break-free’ surface. The presence of oils on the surface will cause the primer to retreat. If this effect is observed, the surface must be cleaned again and the primer re-applied.
- Using gloves and eye protection, apply the product using a clean and dry paintbrush or roller. The product may also be sprayed using conventional spray equipment for low viscosity liquids.
- It is not necessary to thin the product. Use straight from the tin. Avoid using other containers, which may be contaminated.
- Create a film of the primer treatment on the substrate and allow to dry (20 minutes). Re-apply to any areas, which have been avoided due to surface tension.
- If problems persist in wetting a certain area it may still be contaminated with oil. Clean again and re-apply. Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment does contain a wetting agent and surface tension effects are not expected on an oil-free surface.
- Drying time: Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment evaporates rapidly in a thin film and will be dry and ready for over coating after 20 minutes at all conditions of temperature and humidity
- Over coating window: Once treated (as demonstrated by a slight matting of the surface) the surface must be painted within 6 hours. If this window is exceeded, reapply the treatment.
- Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment contains water and alcohols. Do not allow contamination of your reactive urethane with it- a rapid development of heat and pressure will result. In addition, the ability of the urethane to cure may be reduced.
- The primer produces some self-polymerisate that is evident in the form of a powder left on the surface and some solid material on the bottom of the tin. This is inherent and does not reduce the functioning of the product.
- Half-tins of the product should not be stored for any extended length of time as solidificatoin occurs.
- The product may have reduced active ingredient is there is excessive self-polymerisate evident, but will still function. In such a case, simply use more of it.
- This primer produces a surface whereby hydrogen atoms already present on the surface are modified by the attachment of a single, covalently bonded organosilane molecule. The organic part of this molecule is then available for reaction with Smartkote urethanes. The primer is therefore only one molecule thick and is not visible to the naked eye. The matting effect or the powder that is sometimes visible is self-polymerisate.
- The self-polymerisate powder does not need to be removed prior to application of the urethane. It will be compounded into the urethane and will not be visible.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Duram Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing. It can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating
RSL Epo-Flex VJ (formerly known as Resujoint V) is a flexible, thixotropic, two-component epoxy joint sealant designed to accommodate low level movement in vertical and horizontal joints. Features and Benefits: Tough, yet flexible Adhesive Easy to clean Good chemical resistance Accommodates movement Maintains a seamless finish
Sikafloor ProSeal 90 is a curing and sealing compound for concrete floors. It is a one component Sikafloor product that has higher efficiency curing, sealing and hardening liquid and is suitable for exterior and interior application.
A two-component epoxy resin membrane that is tolerant of residual oil contamination in concrete floors. Designed to improve the adhesion of coatings and screed systems to substrates that have previously been contaminated with oils, that may still retain some residual contamination.
Resuprime ST (formerly known as Resuprime) is a two-pack, solvent-free epoxy resin bonding and priming coat. It bonds resin-based screeds and toppings to cementitious and other surfaces. Features and Benefits: Versatile for many types of application Excellent adhesive properties Easy to apply Can be used as a tack coat for screeds No...
Sikafloor ProSeal W (from the full range) is a one component higher efficiency, water-based curing, sealing and hardening compound for concrete floors. A one part water dispersed acrylic emulsion to cure, harden and seal fresh or hardened concrete, and can be used in exterior and interior application.
A primer exhibiting outstanding adhesion to damp concrete, the fast curing characteristics allow rapid application of subsequent MMA coatings, mortars or screeds from our range.
R.S. Rapidprime is a two-pack solvent-free epoxy resin primer, designed for brisk overlaying with other resin-based systems. It is ideal for low temperatures and must be applied under 25°C. ADVANTAGES Can be overlaid in 3-4 hours Solvent-free Good adhesion Low odour Easy application Versatile use
Rust-Oleum 3333 Super Adhesion Primer provides excellent adhesion on non-porous, dense mineral substrates like: Tiles or power floated concrete Non-ferrous metals like stainless steel, aluminium or new hot-dip galvanized steel Thermosetting plastics like fibreglass-reinforced polyester or epoxy Perfect chemical bond without blasting or...
RSL Resuprime OT (formerly known as R.S. Oil Tolerant Primer) is a two-component epoxy resin floor membrane that combats any residual oil that has escaped into a concrete floor. It ensures that no oil will affect a top finish. Features and Benefits: Easy application Application onto substrates with engineering oil contamination...
Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer is a dual component etch primer suitable for achieving adhesion of polyurethane to all types of aluminium as well as all other metal types where adhesion is problematic. Protectakote 2K Metal Primer is suitable for applications involving complete immersion in water.
RSL Resustat CP (formerly known as Resustat Primer) is designed to be applied prior to the use of Resustat ESM, Resustat SL23, Resustat TG69 or Resustat Terrazzo. It is a low viscosity epoxy primer with conductive fillers. Features and Benefits: Conductive with very low electrical resistance Good adhesion Low odour High solids Easy...
Sika Dustproofer is a ready to use dustproofer and concrete surface hardener for concrete floors, paths, driveways etc. Sika Dustproofer forms hard insoluble crystals binding together the particles and sealing the surface to form hard impermeable non-dusting concrete and paving. Improves wear resistance, for garage, industrial and workshop floors.
Sikafloor 161 is an economic two-part epoxy primer, levelling mortar and intermediate layer epoxy resin primer for Sikafloor systems and a binder for Sika levelling mortars and screeds. ADVANTAGES Moisture tolerant Low viscosity Good penetration Excellent bond strength Easy application Short waiting times Solvent-free Multi-purpose
Remmers Epoxy Quick 100 is a very fast reacting, transparent epoxy resin that is used as a primer, for levelling layers and for the production of compression resistant mortars beneath coatings. Can be subjected to heavy mechanical and chemical loads. Ideal for consumer markets, workshops, fabrications halls, assembly areas, food industry,...