Duram Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing. It can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating
Duram Duraprime is a water-based epoxy primer that treats and seals surfaces in preparation for later waterproofing. It can be used on both damp and dry surfaces and is especially effective for priming new concrete as it penetrates the surface, forming a strong, waterproof bond and allowing for easy overcoating. Duraprime is a twin pack, water-based epoxy primer of brushable consistency for clean cementitious surfaces.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply - no skilled labour required.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Compatible with most surfaces.
- Economical and no specialised equipment is required.
- To prime damp and dry surfaces and bituminous surfaces before application of compatible topcoat.
- Seal screeds.
- All cementitious surfaces to be laid to fall. Damage to be repaired and returned to sound condition.
- Remove loose grit.
- Whilst application may be made to damp surfaces (e.g. new concrete) they must not be wet.
- Moisture content of less than 10% is recommended to allow sufficient penetration of primer into concrete.
- To test for excessive moisture, cover area overnight with a plastic sheet and observe condensation on the plastic sheet or a noticeable discolouration of the concrete.
- Add part A to part B. Mix thoroughly to a uniform milky colour. Mixing ratio 1: 2, 5 by volume.
- Total contents of part A and part B must be mixed together. No variation to this ratio is acceptable.
- Apply thinly by brush or roller.
- The compound becomes clear when dry and can then be overcoated.
- As a primer only one coat is required.
- It is important that any overcoat be applied to Duram Duraprime while still tacky. Once fully cured inter-coat adhesion may be reduced.
- Please note this product is not suitable for use with clear Protectakote or Safekote as it will yellow over time on exposure to the sun.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close