Sika Block Paving Seal
Sika Block Paving Seal is a low odour clear resin which impregnates and seals block paving, resisting oil and diesel spillage whilst improving the overall appearance of the paving blocks with a matt finish. Ideal for vehicle and pedestrian areas, new and existing drives, forecourts, parking areas, walkways and paths, etc. Simple and quick to apply, enhances appearance, matt finish.
Sika Block Paving Seal is a low odour clear resin which impregnates and seals block paving, resisting oil and diesel spillage whilst improving the overall appearance of the paving blocks with a matt finish.
- Sika Block Paving Seal may be used for both vehicle and pedestrian areas.
- New and existing drives, forecourts, parking areas, walkways and paths can all be treated.
Features & Benefits
- Simple and quick to apply
- Enhances appearance
- Matt finish
- Easier to clean and maintain
- Resistant to oil and diesel spillages
- Improves wear resistance
- For new block paved areas, remove all loose material by brush or vacuum.
- Ensure the joints are filled with compacted Sika Setting Sand or kiln dried sand before treating with Sika Block Paving Seal.
- For existing block paved areas remove all traces of weeds, algae and lichens with Sika Mould Buster.
- Remove oil, grease and diesel stains.
- Ensure all areas are completely dry before applying Sika Block Paving Seal.
- To ensure the paving is completely dry, scrape out some jointing sand to a depth of up to 10mm. If the sand is dry then the blocks may be treated.
- Treat the perimeter of the prepared block paving area first.
- Apply the first coat by roller spreading liberally and uniformly, making sure the Sika® Block Paving Seal does not puddle.
- During application always ensure a ‘wet edge’ is maintained to avoid a striping affect.
- Repeat the process leaving a maximum of 24 hours between coats.
- Apply the second coat at right angles to the first.
- Do not over-apply.
- Allow at least 6 hours before pedestrian traffic and 24 hours for vehicle traffic.
- Protect from moisture during curing. If rain is likely within 6 hours of application, do not use.
- As a guide Sika Block Paving Seal will treat up to 5-8m² per litre.
- Coverage will depend on surface finish, permeability and profile of the block pavers.
- It is always recommended that a trial area be treated to ascertain an accurate measure of consumption and to ensure the finished appearance is acceptable.
- Clean with white spirit.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close