201 Epoxy Repair Mortar is a high strength, trowel applied, two component epoxy resin mortar, designed for rapid and permanent repairs to concrete and masonry surfaces. Pre-packed units – ready to use Fast curing Impact and abrasion resistant Frost resistant and impervious to water Negligible shrinkage Click to jump down to Technical...
304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating
304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating is a two-pack solvent free high-build epoxy resin system for application as a heavy duty floor coating for concrete, steel and other substrates.
304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating will provide a chemical and abrasion resistant smooth gloss coloured finish to which anti-slip aggregate can be added if required (see ‘Slip Resistance’). Applied by roller and paint brush the product is low odour producing a seamless, hard wearing, hygienic floor finish.
A Winter Grade version of this product is available.
- Features & Benefits
- Typical Properties
- Slip Resistance
- Surface Preparation
- Storage & Shelf Life
- Health & Safety
- Solvent free
- Low odour
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- High build
- Tough and durable
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Slip resistant options
- Wide range of colours
- Winter Grade version available
- Seamless, hard wearing, hygienic floor finish
|304 HD Epoxy Floor Paint|
|Pot life @ 20°C:||45 Minutes|
|Pot life @ 10°C:||90 Minutes|
|Tack free time @ 20°C:||6 hours|
|Hard dry [email protected] 20°C:||10 hours|
|Full chemical resistance @ 20°C:||7 days|
|Adhesion strength to concrete:||3.9 MPa (concrete failure)|
|Adhesion strength to mild steel:||>12 MPa|
Should a non-slip finish be required, 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive can be added to the coating during mixing prior to application to produce an even and easily cleanable texture to the dried surface.
Alternatively, if a more aggressive anti-slip finish is required 504 Standard Anti-Slip Additive or 505 Large Anti-Slip Additive can be scattered onto the first coat of 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating whilst still wet (approximately 1-2kg of additive per 5kg of coating). The following day any excess aggregate may be swept from the surface using a clean brush prior to application of the second coat to ‘sandwich’ the anti-slip additive.
NOTE: For our ultimate slip resistance see 502 HD Anti-Slip Coating.
Results based on adding 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive @ 3%.
- 5kg unit - add 200g
- 15kg unit - add 600g
- Dry PTV: 48-50
- Wet PTV: 40-42
Slip potential classifications from Pendulum Test Values.
|Slip Resistance Values|
|25 - 35||Moderate|
The above results must only be used as a general guideline as the slip resistance of a cured resin coating can vary considerably due to many factors including: application technique, variations in film thickness, dispersion of the anti-slip texturing additive and the surface variations of the substrate and location to where it will be applied.
To obtain accurate PTV readings that are site specific (if required) it is strongly recommended that a slip assessment pendulum test is undertaken on each specific site after completion of the installation when the resin has fully cured.
A full copy of the official test report is available upon request.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 8.3-10.0 m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 400-480 microns
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using 201 Epoxy Repair Mortar
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard
- All dust and grease shall be removed prior to coating application
- If a delay is likely to occur between blasting and application then it is recommended that a coat of 404 Epoxy Metal Primer is applied as holding primer to obviate flash rusting
Note: Substrates with high moisture content or oil contamination can still be coated in most instances by the inclusion of one of our specialist primers. Please see 402 Damp Proof Coating and 403 Oil Tolerant Primer for full details.
- Pour the contents of the curing agent container into the base container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved
- By Volume = 2.44 Base: 1 Curing Agent
- By Weight = 100 Base: 28.2 Curing Agent
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.25 to 0.3kg/m²
- After a minimum of 14 hours and before a maximum of 48 hours, apply a second coat at the same rate
- Should a non-slip finish be required, refer to the ‘Slip Resistance’ heading
- Clean equipment with 109 Tool Cleaner prior to curing of the coating
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 48 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals
- Good ventilation is essential for satisfactory curing of the coating
- Lower temperatures will extend the curing time
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C
- 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional Information
- 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Rawlins Paints
- Interior / Exterior Use
- For Use On
- Concrete, Steel
- Smooth Gloss
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Mixing Ratio
- By Volume - 2.44 Base: 1 Curing Agent
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 Days
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 45 mins
- 3.2m² per KG
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- 109 Tool Cleaner
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 12 months
- Touch Dry
- 24 Hours
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
|Dave wood on 2020-06-21 09:44:41|| |
Can I use this over fresh self level compound? Does it need priming?
Please consult the Technical Data Sheet for the applied self leveling compound to confirm compatibility and curing time prior to painting.
Assuming that is done and the floor is clean, dry, sound and prepared as in the Technical Data Sheet for the 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating, it could be applied directly without a primer.
|Phil on 2020-05-18 22:35:41|| |
I have a newly laid concrete floor ( 3 months old), laid to a depth of 6 inches that although not power floated, it has been trowelled to a very smooth finished so it practically looks power floated. It is a new garage workshop floor. The workshop has not yet been used as I don't want to occupy it until the floor paint is down. What surface preparation other than a good clean and hoover do you recommend in advance of using your 304HD epoxy paint? And how long will I have to get the paint down once it is mixed? Thanks
Before application the concrete should be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content below 6%.
Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes.
Suitable mechanical treatments such as vacuum grit blasting or grinding are the preferred preparation methods to ensure best performance. Acid Etch treatment may also be suitable but would offer reduced performance for the system.
Pot life once mixed at 20°c is 45 minutes.
Our 402 Damp Proof Coating may be of interest to you on this project as this can be used as a primer or a high build coating in its own right for damp and/or minimally prepared substrates. It has been developed to supress residual construction moisture, allowing the user to coat new concrete floors earlier in fast track building programmes.
For further information on any of the above products mentioned, you can download the Technical Data Sheets from the 'Attachments' tab on each product page.
|Brian.L on 2020-05-09 22:19:39|| |
Hi can this product be used on an outdoor concrete floor or will it be affected by UV? Thanks
This product is for internal use only and will be affected by UV.
Please contact our Technical team on 0113 2455450 option 2 and we can assist with a detailed specification.
|matthew on 2019-03-18 11:06:05|| |
what area in square meters would a 15Kg tub cover
|Helen on 2019-02-04 01:23:06|| |
Can I use this paint on quarry tiles? Thanks
We couldn’t guarantee the performance of our 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating over quarry tiles. The tiles would need diamond grinding to remove the top surface and to provide a porous key, which can be difficult to achieve. Also, the tile profile will be visible through the coating. The other issue with tiles, particularly in wet areas, is that water can be trapped below (that has soaked through the grout lines) and then once coated the trapped moisture can lead to the coating bubbling/de-bonding.
|Dan conway on 2015-05-31 13:25:35|| |
Hi I have used 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating on my garage floor and put on either too thick or not mixed well enough and after 1 week it remains wet in places, what can I do?
It's very difficult to apply the 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating too thickly so the most likely cause of patches not drying is the activator not being mixed in thoroughly enough with the base before use. Unfortunately at this stage there isn't a quick fix, you will need to remove any product that hasn't dried completely using scrapers, rags, etc. and then re-prepare and apply more 304 HD Epoxy Floor Coating to bring the patches back in with the rest of the floor.
403 Oil Tolerant Primer has been developed for use in applications to oil contaminated floors prior to application of subsequent floor toppings. The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to concrete and other substrates and is particularly suitable where compromised surfaces exist. Solvent free, low odour Excellent adhesion to concrete and...
404 Epoxy Metal Primer is a two pack, water-based, epoxy, anti-corrosive primer designed for the protection of steelwork. Non toxic Fast drying - touch dry in 1-2 hours @ 20ºC May be applied to damp or dry surfaces Excellent anti-corrosive properties Compatible with a wide range of top coats Long overcoating window Easily applied...
502 HD Anti Slip Coating is a 3-pack solvent-free high-build epoxy resin system for application as a heavy duty non-slip floor coating for concrete, metal and wood surfaces requiring high levels of slip resistance. Tough, long lasting high-build finish Virtually odourless Easy to apply and good colour stability Hygienic and good chemical...
504 Standard Anti Slip Aggregate is a specially formulated quartz aggregate to be added to various products in our floor coatings range to provide increased 'anti-slip' properties in both dry and wet conditions to improve safety. Produces a rough, non-skid surface Hard wearing and chemical resistant Coloured Quartz Aggregate 0.4-0.8mm...
505 Large Anti-Slip Additive is a specially formulated quartz aggregate to be added to various high build products in our floor coatings range to provide increased `anti-slip` properties in both dry and wet conditions to improve safety. Produces a rough, non-skid surface Hard wearing and chemical resistant Coloured Quartz Aggregate...
508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive is a micronized polymer bead ideal for providing a measure of slip resistance when added to coatings and sealers. Available in 3 grades 125 micron 250 micron 500 micron Non-Toxic Controlled particle distribution gives uniform finish Easily incorporated to most coatings and sealers Economical...
304 WG HD Epoxy Floor Coating is a two-pack solvent-free high-build epoxy resin system that offers shorter drying times in lower temperatures or when a fast return to service is required, for application as a heavy duty floor coating for concrete, steel and other substrates. Low odour Very good chemical resistance Excellent adhesion to...
109 Tool Cleaner is a specialist equipment cleaner suitable for the removal of uncured epoxy, polyester and polyurethane resins. Low Hazard Low evaporation rate Excellent solvency powers 80% biodegradable Click to jump down to Technical Data
402 Damp Proof Coating is a two pack epoxy resin based primer/coating, which has been developed to function as a residual construction moisture suppressant, allowing the early installation of moisture sensitive flooring in fast track building programmes. Provides a surface damp-proof membrane Allows rapid laying of floor toppings to power...