307 Flexible Deck Coat is a two-pack solvent free resin coating modified to impart toughness, resilience and waterproofing properties to the cured film.
The abrasion and impact resistance, together with the low temperature flexibility and excellent adhesion to concrete, make 307 Flexible Deck Coat an ideal material for use as a membrane subjected to vehicular traffic.
By adding 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive or broadcasting a layer 504 Standard Anti-Slip Aggregate or 505 Large Anti-Slip Additive between coats, a slip or skid-resistant surface profile can be achieved – see ‘Slip Resistance’ for more details.
307 Flexible Deck Coat can be used internally and externally* on concrete, but only internally on tarmac and asphalt. In all instances the surfaces to be coated must first receive adequate priming with 401 Epoxy Floor Primer.
*Do not use the colour white for external applications.
This product is for Professional Use Only.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
Features & Benefits
- Solvent free
- Low temperature flexibility
- Ideal material for use as a membrane subjected to vehicular traffic
- Tough and hardwearing
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Proven chemical resistance
- Wide colour range
- Low odour during application
- Good water and weathering resistance
- Non-slip or non-skid finish available
- Ideal for use as a slip-resistant membrane for car parks, ramps, plant rooms, walkways, etc
- Also suitable to be used as a protective lining for chemical bunds where a flexible membrane is required
||307 Flexible Deck Coat
|Pot life @ 20°C:
|Minimum overcoat interval:
||12 hours @ 20°C
|Maximum overcoat interval:
||48 hours @ 20°C
||9MPa (7 days cure @ 20°C)
|Elongation at break:
||85% @ 20°C
Please consult our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] for specific advice.
Should a non-slip finish be required, 508 Fine Particle Anti-Slip Additive can be added to the coating during mixing prior to application to produce an even and easily cleanable texture to the dried surface.
Alternatively the 'Anti Slip' option can be selected when purchasing the product and the 250 micron grade of 508 Anti-Slip Additive will be added at 2.4% prior to receipt.
- 5kg unit - add 200g
- 15kg unit - add 600g
Alternatively if a more aggressive anti-slip finish is required 504 Standard Anti-Slip Aggregate or 505 Large Anti-Slip Additive can be scattered onto the first coat of 307 Flexible Deck Coat whilst still wet (Full broadcast at approximately 2kg/m² or a partial scatter at 0.5kg/m²). The following day any excess aggregate may be swept from the surface using a clean brush prior to application of the second coat to ‘sandwich’ the anti-slip additive.
The above recommendations must only be used as a general guideline as the slip resistance of a cured resin coating can vary considerably due to many factors including: application technique, variations in film thickness, dispersion of the anti-slip texturing additive and the surface variations of the substrate and location to where it will be applied.
To obtain accurate PTV readings that are site specific (if required) it is strongly recommended that a slip assessment pendulum test is undertaken on each specific site after completion of the installation when the resin has fully cured.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to coat 8.3m² of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 450 microns approx
- Coverage will be reduced with slip-resistant systems because of the increased surface area to be covered with the second coat
- All surfaces should be sound, clean, and free from dust, dirt, laitance, oil and other contaminants
- All laitance must be removed by vacuum grit blasting, ensuring that any residual dust is removed prior to coating application
- New concrete surfaces must be a minimum of 21 days old and/or have a residual moisture content below 6%
- Steel substrates shall be grit blasted to Sa2.5 Swedish standard
Note: Substrates with high moisture content or oil contamination can still be coated in most instances by the inclusion of one of our specialist primers.
Please see 402 Damp Proof Coating and 403 Oil Tolerant Primer for full details.
- A primer coat of 401 Epoxy Floor Primer is recommended on concrete, tarmac and asphalt substrates
- Apply 401 Epoxy Floor Primer at a nominal rate of 0.2kg per m² in accordance with the product data sheet instructions.
- Allow the milky colour of the primer to disappear before overcoating
- This will typically be between 1-4 hours, depending on temperature and ventilation conditions
- Where possible 307 Flexible Deck Coat should be applied directly to blast prepared steel for best adhesion and results
- If a delay is likely to occur between blasting and application then it is recommended that a coat of of 404 Epoxy Metal Primer is recommended on steel substrates as a holding primer to obviate flash rusting
- Please refer to product data sheet for additional information
- Pour the contents of the curing agent container into the base container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means, until a uniform colour is achieved
- Weight = 100 Base : 38.9 Curing Agent
- Apply by brush or roller at a nominal rate of 0.3kg/m² per coat, with a minimum of 12 hours between coats
- Slip-resistant profiles may be achieved by broadcasting 504 Standard Anti-Slip Aggregate or 505 Large Anti-Slip Additive on to the first coat whilst wet (Full broadcast at approximately 2kg/m² or a partial scatter at 0.5kg/m²)
- The following day any surplus aggregate may be swept from the surface before applying a second coat of 307 Flexible Deck Coat to ‘sandwich’ the aggregate
- Depending on the size of the aggregate used, the application rate of the second coat of 307 Flexible Deck Coat will be 0.4- 0.6kg/m², owing to the increased surface area
- Refer to the heading ‘Slip Resistance’ in this data sheet for further details
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 48 hours @ 20°C prior to vehicular trafficking
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less
Storage & Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C
- 307 Flexible Deck Coat has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Health & Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes
- Wear gloves and goggles
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional Information
- 307 Flexible Deck Coat shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected]