Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane
Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane is a satin, water based polyurethane for a very durable and colourfast finish on coated floors, walls and primed metal. Especially recommended where general urethane performance like excellent weather resistance (UV), easy cleaning and abrasion resistance is required.
Rust-Oleum`s hard wearing, washable polyurethane coating (9200) is now also available in convenient 1 litre packaging. Ideal for smaller projects the new convenient 2-component packaging provides the base and activator in one convenient kit and the activator is supplied with a user-friendly spout cap.
- Available in 350+ RAL & BS colours
- Automotive level UV stability; does not yellow
- Water-based formula with low odour
- High abrasion resistance, extremely scratch resistant
- Smooth satin finish with excellent flow
- Can be used on floors, walls, stairs, wood and metal
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane
Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane is a satin, water based polyurethane for a very durable and colourfast finish on metal. Rust-Oleum Rust-O-Thane 9200 is intended for application on substrates, which are coated with Rust-Oleum or Mathys epoxy or acrylic coatings (e.g. Rust-Oleum 9100 and Rust-Oleum 5401 Epoxy Impregnation Primer or Mathys Pegasol and Pegalink).
The application area consists of coated floors, coated walls and primed metal. Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane assures appropriate protection against solvents, moderate alkalines, weak acids and chemical cleaning.
Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane is especially recommended where general urethane performance like excellent weather resistance (UV), easy cleaning and abrasion resistance is required.
Features & Benefits
- Very durable and UV-resistant, colour and gloss retention
- Very easy to clean (also with chemicals)
- Very low odour, can be used indoors
- High abrasion resistance, low wear
- Flexible and impact resistant
- Can also be used on floors and walls
- Density: 1,23
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Solids content in volume: 37 %
- Heat Resistance: 90°C (dry heat), above 65°C discoloration may occur
- Mixing Ratio: Base : Activator = 5.66 : 1 by volume
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 2 hours
- Dry to handle: 4 hours
- Dry to recoat: 24 hours
- Fully cured: 2 days
- Pot Life: 2 hours for a 5 litre mix at 20°C
- Induction Time: 5 minutes
- 6,2 m²/l at 60 µm dry (depending on colour) for floors.
- 9,2 m²/l at 40 µm dry (depending on colour) for other applications.
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove grease, oil and all other surface contamination using alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents. Sand previous coatings that are in good condition to remove gloss and to roughen the surface slightly. Assure that the previous coating is compatible with the RUST-O-THANE 9200 by making a test application. Remove bad adhering coatings by scraping, wire brushing or sanding. (Spot)prime with commended Rust-Oleum or Mathys coatings. The surface must be clean and dry during application.
- Max dry film thickness for floors: 75 µm dry, equals 200 µm wet. For walls: 60 µm dry, equals 160 µm wet.
- For use on floors submitted to heavy abrasion, standard and medium colours are recommended. In case of deep and/or bright tones (red, yellow, orange, green, blue etc), it is advised to apply a clear topcoat.
- The product is not recommended in case of stagnating water and/or immersion
Now also available in convenient 1 litre packaging. Ideal for smaller projects the new convenient 2-component packaging provides the base and activator in one convenient kit and the activator is supplied with a user-friendly spout cap.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Clear, Fully Tintable
- VOC Levels
- Ultra-Low (5-49 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 5L
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 4 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 2 Days
- 6.2-9.2m² per litre
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 90°C (dry heat), above 65°C discoloration may occur
- 35 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- Base 2 years and activator 1 year from the date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well-ventilated and frost-free areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35° C. Opened activator cans must be used within 1 week.
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 40 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 110 µm
- UN Number (Activator)
- Not regulated
- UN Number (Base)
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!