Jotun Jotaguard 660
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is a two component polyamine cured pure epoxy coating that is a fast drying, surface tolerant, very abrasion and impact resistant, high solids, high build product. Specially designed as a high performance coating for cargo holds it can be used as primer or finish coat in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is a two component polyamine cured pure epoxy coating that is a fast drying, surface tolerant, very abrasion and impact resistant, high solids, high build product. Specially designed as a high performance coating for cargo holds it can be used as primer or finish coat in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and shop primed steel substrates. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures. Discoloration may be observed after deballasting, however this will not affect the protective properties.
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is specially designed for long term performance in cargo holds and on hatch coamings. The quick curing of the coating makes it suitable for short waiting time before taking first cargo. FDA compliant with grain certificate and can be used for cargo ballast holds.
Approvals and certificates
- In compliance with Federal Drug Authority, USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300, approved for exposure to dry foods.
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Very good mechanical resistance - protects against hard, angular cargoes
- Very good corrosion resistance
- FDA compliant and certified for carriage of grain
Tough and Robust
- Less damage to the coating, especially at lower temperature
- Very good mechanical strength, impact- and abrasion resistance
- Reduced pre-treatment costs - hand grinding to St 2 or high pressure water jetting to Wa 2/FR M is acceptable
- Reduced application costs - fast hardness development at all temperatures
- Increased productivity - first hard/aggressive cargo can be loaded shortly after application
- Easy cleaning between cargo shifts due to hard, smooth surface
- Saving time through minimum surface preparation; St 2 (ISO 8501-1) or Wa 2/FR M (ISO 8501-4)
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||5.8m² per litre|
|Touch Dry||2.5 Hours|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close