Jotun Jotaguard 660
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is a two component polyamine cured pure epoxy coating that is a fast drying, surface tolerant, very abrasion and impact resistant, high solids, high build product. Specially designed as a high performance coating for cargo holds it can be used as primer or finish coat in atmospheric and immersed environments.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is a two component polyamine cured pure epoxy coating that is a fast drying, surface tolerant, very abrasion and impact resistant, high solids, high build product. Specially designed as a high performance coating for cargo holds it can be used as primer or finish coat in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and shop primed steel substrates. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures. Discoloration may be observed after deballasting, however this will not affect the protective properties.
Jotun Jotaguard 660 is specially designed for long term performance in cargo holds and on hatch coamings. The quick curing of the coating makes it suitable for short waiting time before taking first cargo. FDA compliant with grain certificate and can be used for cargo ballast holds.
Approvals and certificates
- In compliance with Federal Drug Authority, USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300, approved for exposure to dry foods.
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Very good mechanical resistance - protects against hard, angular cargoes
- Very good corrosion resistance
- FDA compliant and certified for carriage of grain
Tough and Robust
- Less damage to the coating, especially at lower temperature
- Very good mechanical strength, impact- and abrasion resistance
- Reduced pre-treatment costs - hand grinding to St 2 or high pressure water jetting to Wa 2/FR M is acceptable
- Reduced application costs - fast hardness development at all temperatures
- Increased productivity - first hard/aggressive cargo can be loaded shortly after application
- Easy cleaning between cargo shifts due to hard, smooth surface
- Saving time through minimum surface preparation; St 2 (ISO 8501-1) or Wa 2/FR M (ISO 8501-4)
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Carbon Steel, Shop Primed Steel, Coated Substrates
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 2.9 to 7.2m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 2.5 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!