A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 14 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Also suitable for the cleaning of...
Teamac Boot-topping, is an interface coating for use between the waterline and the deck coatings, provides a hard surface less receptive to marine growth and is polish-able to remove grime.
- Easy to apply
- Water and weather resistant
- Industrial grade marine coating
- Very hard wearing solid finish
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Teamac Boot-topping, is a high quality, hard wearing boot-topping paint used to paint the area of a hull between the waterline and the load line of a vessel. Teamac Boot-topping provides a hard surface that is less receptive to marine growth and has the added advantage of being polish-able so that any build up of grime can be removed.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply.
- Water and weather resistant.
- Industrial grade marine coating.
- Very hard wearing solid finish.
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|Volume Solids||39 to 45%|
|VOC Content||Max 480 g/litre|
|SG||0.9 to 1.15°C|
|Viscostity||4.5 Poise @ 35°C|
|Flash Point||Above 32 (closed cup)|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||30 to 35 μm||80 μm||12 m12/litre @ 35 microns D.F.T|
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||4 Hours|
|Dry To Handle:||12 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||12 hours or overnight|
|Fully Cured:||5 - 7 Days|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- All surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free from contaminants.
- Surfaces have to be prepared and primed with the suitable primer for that substrate.
- Can be used directly on GRP.
- Existing painted surfaces should be cleaned, degreased and sanded to ensure an adequate "key" is produced.
- Remove all loose, flaking material and treat bare areas as new substrate then prepare accordingly.
- Metaclor Underwater Primer on prepared wood and steel. Can be used directly on GRP.
- Mix well before use.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice. In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Brush/Roller: Thinners 14 (5%) - Airless Spray: Thinners 14 (10%)
- Nozzle Size: 0.013"
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 to 2000 psi
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 14
Health & Safety
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Wood, Steel, GRP
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 2.5L, 5L
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 12 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 12 hours or overnight
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 5 - 7 Days
- 12m² per litre
- Solids by Volume
- 39 to 45%
- Max 480 g/litre
- Touch Dry
- 4 Hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 30 to 35 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 80 μm
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Teamac Metaclor Antifouling Primer, previously know as Teamac Metaclor Underwater CR Primer, is a strong, versatile, chlorinated rubber based coating for Wood, Metal & GRP. Suitable for Narrowboats, Cruisers, Barges, Yachts and Marine Applications. Can be used above and below the waterline, on mixed material surfaces and over any...