A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 14 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Also suitable for the cleaning of...
Teamac Marine Undercoat
Teamac Marine Undercoat, is an interior and exterior, oil based marine undercoat. It is a high opacity undercoat with good flow characteristics for use with Teamac Marine Gloss. It has been designed to reduce topcoat sinkage and to retain a high gloss finish.
- Primes and prepares - easy to use
- Protects and enhances – anti-corrosive & improves topcoat finish
- Good base for colour change
- Perfect for wood, GRP, steel and cast iron
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Teamac Marine Undercoat, is an interior and exterior, oil based marine undercoat. It is a high opacity undercoat with good flow characteristics for use with Teamac Marine Gloss, either as a foundation coating or when a colour change is desired. It has been designed to reduce topcoat sinkage and to retain a high gloss finish.
Teamac Marine Undercoat primes and prepares Wood, GRP, Iron and Steel. Suitable for Narrowboats, Cruisers, Barges, yachts and marine structures. It can be applied to suitably prepared Steel and Cast Iron. Marine Undercoat should be used as a system with Teamac Marine Gloss to retain a long lasting, high gloss finish.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Subsequent Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Primes & Prepares - Easy to Use
- Protects & Enhances – Anti Corrosive & Improves Topcoat Finish
- Good Base for Colour Change
- Perfect For Wood, GRP, Steel & Cast Iron
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|Volume Solids||44 to 53%|
|VOC Content||Max 437 g/litre|
|SG||1.35 to 1.53 @ 20°C|
|Viscostity||4.5 Poise @ 25°C|
|Flash Point||Above 32°C (closed cup)|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||75 μm||35 to 40 μm||13 m2/litre @ 40 microns D.F.T.|
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||2 Hours|
|Dry To Handle:||12 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||12 hours or overnight|
|Fully Cured:||3 - 5 Days|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- All surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free from contaminants.
- Wood should be sanded prior to coating to ensure an adequate "key" is produced.
- Apply direct to abraded GRP. Existing painted surfaces should be cleaned, degreased and sanded to ensure an adequate "key" is produced.
- Remove all loose, flaking material and treat bare areas as new substrate then prepare accordingly.
- Direct to wood, metal and GRP.
- Teamac Marine Gloss or any suitable, conventional white spirit based topcoats.
- Mix well before use.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice.
- Care must be taken during application that the temperature is above the dew point to avoid any contamination.
- In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Thinners 14 (5%)
- Nozzle Size: 0.011" - 0.013"
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 to 2000 psi
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 14
Health & Safety
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Wood, GRP, Iron, Steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 2.5L, 5L
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 12 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 12 hours or overnight
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 3 - 5 Days
- 13m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Teamac Thinner 14
- Solids by Volume
- 44 to 53%
- Max 437 g/litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
- 1 litre, 2.5 litre, 5 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 75 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 35 to 40 μm
- UN Number
|lee on 2018-01-29 12:33:25|| |
Is Teamac Marine Gloss OK for salt water & is the Teamac Marine Undercoat fine under the water line?
Teamac Marine Gloss and Undercoat have good resistance to salt water but should not be used for constant immersion below the waterline. They are suitable for boats that are generally berthed on land. Below the waterline, for boats in the water most of the time our recommendation is Teamac Metaclor Underwater CR Primer and Teamac Chlorvar Chlorinated Rubber Paint, both of which have excellent water resistance.
Teamac Marine Gloss is a high quality, modified long oil alkyd marine coating. It has excellent gloss and opacity. High gloss Excellent opacity and adhesion Touch dry in as little as 4 hours (at 20°C) Full hardness in 5 - 7 days Suitable for all general marine areas, bridge fonts, deck work, masts, superstructures etc Available in...