Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy L524
Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy L524 (formerly known as Epigrip L524) is a high build 2-pack modified epoxy coating for immersive protection in salt water, fresh water and crude oil.
- Protection of ships bottoms and cargo tanks
- Submerged/splash zone areas of marine structures
- External protection of buried and other pipelines.
Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy L524 (formerly known as Epigrip L524) is a high build 2-pack modified epoxy coating to provide a hard wearing abrasion resistant coating with excellent resistance to immersion in salt and fresh water and crude oil.
- Hard wearing abrasion resistant coating with excellent resistance to immersion in salt and fresh water and crude oil.
- For the protection of ships bottoms and cargo tanks, and submerged and splash zone areas of marine structures, jetties etc.
- For the external protection of buried and other pipelines.
- Particularly useful where coal tar pitch containing materials are prohibited.
- Approved by Lloyds Register of Shipping
- Network Rail - Item No. 7.2.2
- Macropoxy L425 Zinc Phosphate Primer
- Macropoxy C400V3 Zinc Phosphate Primer ( non immersed areas only )
1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
For overcoating with alkyd systems, consult Technical Team for advice.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Application Method
- Brush, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 4L, 20L
- Brush, Spray
- 5.1m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 6 Hours
- UN Number
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!