Jotun Jotamastic 80 Aluminium is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating. It is aluminium pigmented for improved barrier effect. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and aged coating surfaces. Aluminium version of Jotun Jotamastic 80 Surface tolerant, high solids product Specially designed for areas where optimum...
Jotun Jotamastic 80
Jotun Jotamastic 80 is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating that is a surface tolerant, high solids product.
- Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired
- Can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments
- Also available in Aluminium for increased barrier effect
Jotun Jotamastic 80 is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating that is a surface tolerant, high solids product. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and aged coating surfaces. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Jotun Jotamastic 80 is primarily designed for maintenance and repair. Only aluminium containing versions to be used in immersed environments.
Marine: Outside hulls, exterior and interior areas.
Protective: Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
Approvals and certificates
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
- Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20, M24 and N9 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-148, XM92/M20-149, XM92/M24-122, XM92/M24-123, XM92/M24-124, XM92/M24-125, XM92/M24-126, XM92/M24-158, XN90/N9-069)
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Surface tolerant for maintenance and repair
- Low film thickness version providing relevant protection at reduced cost in less severe environments
- User friendly
Low film thickness version providing all the benefits of Jotamastic products in less severe environments.
Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired, and therefore ideal for maintenance and repair.
Jotamastic 80 offers a range of variants for special usage situations where further enhancement of key features is needed.
Aluminium: for extra barrier effect in extreme environments and improved resistance to cathodic disbonding if direct to steel contact.
MIO: Micaceous Iron Oxide for increased barrier effect and abrasion resistance
- For use in a wide range of solutions
- Direct to metal
- As mid coat on zinc primers
- Immersed service
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 4.6L, 18.3L
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 4 to 10.7m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 4 hours
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!