Jotun Jotamastic 90 is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating that is a surface tolerant, abrasion resistant, high solids and high build. This product is tintable in a wide range of colours and is specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity and can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Jotamastic 90 is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, concrete and a range of aged coating surfaces. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Areas of Use
General: Primarily designed for maintenance and repair.
Marine: Outside hulls, exterior and interior areas.
Protective: Recommended for offshore environments, including splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
Approvals and certificates
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC Part 5
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 116
- Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health
- Approved for PSPC for Crude Oil Tanks acording to IMO Res. MSC 288(87)
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20 and M24 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-168, XM92/M24-169, XM92/M24-170) Item 7.1.7.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Tintable, offering increased colour flexibility
- Short overcoating intervals, improving productivity
- Robust and user friendly, offering safe application
- Surface tolerant for maintenance and repair
Improved hiding power and accurate final colour in fewer coats
Color availability for systems without topcoat
Improved coating systems efficiency
Safe application at wide temperature range
Wide DFT range
Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired, and therefor ideal for maintenance & repair.
Durable solution in harsh environments
Excellent film formation on pitting rust and aged coatings
Jotamastic 90 offers a range of variants for special usage situations where further enhancement of key features is needed.
Aluminium: for extra barrier effect in extreme environments and Improved resistance to cathodic disbonding if direct to steel contact.
Glass flake : for increased abrasion resistance
MIO: Micaceous Iron Oxide for increased barrier effect and abrasion resistance
For use in a wide range of solutions
- Direct to metal
- As midcoat on zinc primers
- Immersed service