An air-dried coating available in colours and suitable for high temperature exposures up to 500°F (260°C). Air-drying characteristics allow for faster handling of in-shop applications than with other high-temperature coatings. Top Features Temperature resistance up to 260°C for black Air-dried curing capabilities Excellent resistance to...
International Interzone 954
International Interzone 954 is a two component, low VOC, high solids, modified epoxy barrier coat designed for use in offshore splashzone maintenance, where its continued cure under immersed conditions makes it ideal for coping with tidal movements and surges. May be applied to reoxidised and slightly damp surfaces.
International Interzone 954 is a two component, low VOC, high solids, modified epoxy barrier coat designed to give long term protection in a single coat application. Will continue to cure when immersed in water and has excellent cathodic disbondment resistance.
International Interzone 954 is the trusted industry solution for protecting and maintaining structures operating in the most severe environments. A unique blend of properties gives Interzone 954 long term performance in environments that combine a high potential for mechanical damage, chemical attack, atmospheric corrosion and immersion conditions. This versatility makes Interzone 954 the all round heavy duty coating.
- International Interzone 954 is primarily designed for use in offshore splashzone maintenance, where its continued cure under immersed conditions makes it ideal for coping with tidal movements and surges. May be applied to reoxidised and slightly damp surfaces. Interzone 954 has also found extensive use in a number of other corrosive environments including pulp and paper plants, chemical plants, jetties and sluice gates.
- As part of a non-slip deck system in conjunction with appropriate aggregate*.
Features & Benefits
- A high film build, high solids, abrasion resistant epoxy
- Ideal for single coat application over hydroblasted surfaces (HB2) with tolerance to damp surfaces during application
- Suitable for exposure to tidal sea water just 30 minutes after application (at 20ºC [70ºF])
- Resistant to a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent compatibility with sacrificial and impressed current cathodic protection systems
- Approved to NORSOK M501 for decks (System 4), splashzone and submerged areas (System 7)
- Available in a wide range of colours
International Interzone 954 has been protecting steel in severe environments for over 25 years. With its extensive track record it has gained the industry’s trust as a unique, long term coating solution for the most challenging maintenance situations. Originally designed for the demanding protection of offshore oil and gas structures, Interzone 954’s unique blend of properties has also proven itself in a wide range of new construction applications in the mining and offshore wind power markets.
What makes International Interzone 954 a true all round solution is its ability to provide high build protection in a single coat (typically 500μm [20 mils]). Combined with its surface tolerance and early water resistance this means the impact of the painting process can be minimized allowing rapid return to service and significantly reducing downtime and labour costs compared to a standard two coat epoxy system.
International Interzone 954 offers a combination of properties meeting the challenges of protecting and maintaining structures in severe environments:
- High surface tolerance allows application over hydroblasted surfaces (HB2), even if still damp, as well as power tool and hand prepared steel surfaces (St3) for atmospheric use, this saves time and money on surface preparation
- Early resistance to tidal water movement just 30 minutes after application (at 20ºC [70ºF]), which is ideal for carrying out maintenance in splash zones or on jetty structures
- High impact and abrasion resistance, preventing corrosion caused by mechanical damage through maintaining an intact protective barrier
- Full immersion resistance to a number of aggressive chemicals such as 50% sodium hydroxide and 5% copper sulphate and good general splash and spill resistance to an even wider chemical range, including sulphuric acid, propanol, gasoline and sodium hydroxide
Its corrosion performance, versatility, and time saving value make Interzone 954 the perfect choice for protecting and maintaining a vast range of applications in the offshore, chemical and mining industries, including:
- Jetties and wharfs
- Helicopter decks and walkways when combined with a suitable aggregate
- Oil and gas platform jackets and offshore wind tower foundations
- Coal thickener tank internals and processing vessels
- Structural steel in wet, corrosive areas
- 'White' is comparable to BS 4800 10 B 15
- 'Black' is comparable to RAL 9005
- 'Yellow' is comparable to RAL 1023
- 'Grey' is comparable to BS 4800 00 A 05
- A full range of RAL and BS colours are available in this product via the Chromascan colour mixing system.
*International Interzone 954 can be used as a non-skid deck system by modification with addition of GMA132 (crushed flint) or GPA900 (bauxite) aggregate. Application should then be to a suitably primed surface. Typical thicknesses will be between 500-1,000 microns (20-40 mils). Preferred application is by a suitable large tip hopper gun (e.g. Sagola 429 or Air texture gun fitted with a 5-10 mm nozzle). Trowel or roller can be used for small areas. Alternatively, a broadcast method of application can be used.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|John Nelson on 16/07/2018|| |
Hello, Do you stock interzone 954 in a spray please?
This product is only available in the pack sizes listed on our website - 5lt and 20lt tins. The product can be applied by brush, roller, air spray or airless spray.
|Kevin on 21/05/2018|| |
Hi there, can you please advise what is the smallest quantity I can have of Interzone 954 ? plus part 2. also can you do Perfection Cream? Can you deliver to France? regards Kevin
The smallest size International Interzone 954 is available is a 5lt pack. This includes 4L of Part A + 1L of Part B as sold on our website. We do not offer a product called 'Perfection Cream' and we do not export.
A high quality bituminous solution for marine, industrial and agricultural applications. It forms a waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant coating for interior and exterior use.
Jotun Hardtop Smart Pack is a two component chemically curing modified acrylic coating that does not contain isocyanates. It has a gloss finish with good gloss retention and can be used direct to metal. It has a 1:1 mixing ratio for easy use and reduced wastage and is specially designed for application with brush and roller.
A highly cross-linked epoxy lining with extraordinary overall chemical resistance and versatility. It has a unique blend of resins that make it highly resistant to a variety of aggressive cargos like gasoline, gasoline blends, biodiesel, fuel oils, and others. Top Features Outstanding overall chemical resistance Dense, highly cross-linked...
Jotun Jotamastic Smart Pack is a two component amine cured epoxy mastic coating that is a surface tolerant, high solids, high build product. Specially designed for application with brush and roller with a 1:1 mixing ratio for easy use and reduced wastage. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired.
A ready-mixed maintenance paint for metal and other surfaces which adheres to the surface to which it is applied to form an impervious film which can withstand adverse climatic conditions.
Jotun Jotamastic SF Alu is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating aluminium pigmented to provide a metallic silvery finish that is a surface tolerant, solvent free, high build product well suited for early immersion. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired.
An advanced 100% solids, hybrid epoxy pipeline coating. Polyclad 975 has performance properties designed for corrosion protection of steel and ductile iron pipe exteriors, girth welds or tie-ins. Top Features Quick dry to touch and QC times Colour indicator confirms proper mixing Low temperature cure 40°F (4.4°C) Excellent cathodic...
A quick drying, White Spirit based alkyd topcoat with good light and weather resistance that is suitable for interior and exterior use. Top Features May be diluted up to 20% 24 month shelf life High gloss finish
International Interseal 670HS is a low VOC, two component high build, high solids surface tolerant epoxy maintenance coating, for application to a wide variety of substrates including hand prepared rusty steel, abrasive blast cleaned and hydroblasted steel, and a wide range of intact, aged coatings.