A high-Build zinc phosphate metal primer for new constructions and maintenance. Gives a good corrosion protection, excellent adhesion and increased application tolerance to a wide range of environmental conditions. Top Features Excellent corrosion protection Good chemical & abrasion resistance VOC compliant to current AIM regulations...
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure)
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) is a faster drying version of Interzone 954 to be used in tidal areas where immersion will be rapid. Designed for use in offshore splashzone maintenance, where its continued cure under immersed conditions makes it ideal for coping with tidal movements and surges. May be applied to reoxidised and slightly damp surfaces.
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) is a faster drying version of Interzone 954 to be used in tidal areas where immersion will be rapid. International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) is a two component, low VOC, high solids, modified epoxy barrier coat designed to give long term protection in a single coat application. Will continue to cure when immersed in water and has excellent cathodic disbondment resistance.
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) is the trusted industry solution for protecting and maintaining structures operating in the most severe environments. A unique blend of properties gives Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) long term performance in environments that combine a high potential for mechanical damage, chemical attack, atmospheric corrosion and immersion conditions. This versatility makes Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) the all round heavy duty coating.
- International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) is primarily designed for use in offshore splashzone maintenance, where its continued cure under immersed conditions makes it ideal for coping with tidal movements and surges. May be applied to reoxidised and slightly damp surfaces. Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) has also found extensive use in a number of other corrosive environments including pulp and paper plants, chemical plants, jetties and sluice gates.
- As part of a non-slip deck system in conjunction with appropriate aggregate.
Features & Benefits
- A high film build, high solids, abrasion resistant epoxy
- Ideal for single coat application over hydroblasted surfaces (HB2) with tolerance to damp surfaces during application
- Suitable for exposure to tidal sea water just 30 minutes after application (at 20ºC [70ºF])
- Resistant to a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent compatibility with sacrificial and impressed current cathodic protection systems
- Approved to NORSOK M501 for decks (System 4), splashzone and submerged areas (System 7)
- Available in a wide range of colours
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) has been protecting steel in severe environments for over 25 years. With its extensive track record it has gained the industry’s trust as a unique, long term coating solution for the most challenging maintenance situations. Originally designed for the demanding protection of offshore oil and gas structures, Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) unique blend of properties has also proven itself in a wide range of new construction applications in the mining and offshore wind power markets.
What makes International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) a true all round solution is its ability to provide high build protection in a single coat (typically 500μm [20 mils]). Combined with its surface tolerance and early water resistance this means the impact of the painting process can be minimized allowing rapid return to service and significantly reducing downtime and labour costs compared to a standard two coat epoxy system.
International Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) offers a combination of properties meeting the challenges of protecting and maintaining structures in severe environments:
- High surface tolerance allows application over hydroblasted surfaces (HB2), even if still damp, as well as power tool and hand prepared steel surfaces (St3) for atmospheric use, this saves time and money on surface preparation
- Early resistance to tidal water movement just 30 minutes after application (at 20ºC [70ºF]), which is ideal for carrying out maintenance in splash zones or on jetty structures
- High impact and abrasion resistance, preventing corrosion caused by mechanical damage through maintaining an intact protective barrier
- Full immersion resistance to a number of aggressive chemicals such as 50% sodium hydroxide and 5% copper sulphate and good general splash and spill resistance to an even wider chemical range, including sulphuric acid, propanol, gasoline and sodium hydroxide
Its corrosion performance, versatility, and time saving value make Interzone 954 (Rapid Cure) the perfect choice for protecting and maintaining a vast range of applications in the offshore, chemical and mining industries, including:
- Jetties and wharfs
- Helicopter decks and walkways when combined with a suitable aggregate
- Oil and gas platform jackets and offshore wind tower foundations
- Coal thickener tank internals and processing vessels
- Structural steel in wet, corrosive areas
- 'White' is comparable to BS 4800 10 B 15
- 'Black' is comparable to RAL 9005
- 'Yellow' is comparable to RAL 1023
- 'Grey' is comparable to BS 4800 00 A 05
- A full range of RAL and BS colours are available in this product via the Chromascan colour mixing system.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 1.7m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- Pot Life reduced to 45mins
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|Mr James jones on 24/06/2016|| |
Question: Can you use on rubber
No, as it may crack and detach.
This high performance glass-flake filled coating was designed for application over steel or concrete in extreme chemical exposures. It is resistant to a wide variety of aggressive chemicals, including organic and inorganic acids, most alkalies, and many solvents. This product is available as POA. Click here to email us for more information....
A solvent-free patching compound used for repairing pits, cracks and voids in steel, concrete, wood and other surfaces. Has the unique ability to be mixed, applied and cured underwater. Top Features Designed for underwater and other wet applications Self-priming on most surfaces and over most generic types of coatings VOC compliant to...
A water-resistant epoxy coating polymerized with a polyamine type curing agent. A high performance lining for elevated temperature and pressure immersion services in high purity water, as well as the oil/water separating processes encountered in the petroleum industry. This HAR version of Plasite 7159 is extremely abrasion resistant. Top...
A heavy duty, high build coating for protection of steel in corrosive environments. Carbomastic 18 FC Metallic is excellent for use at low temperatures. Top Features Excellent immersion performance in water. Suitable as a rust preventing coating in ballast tanks. Ideal for areas prone to condensation. Very good abrasion resistance.
Jotun Penguard Pro is a two component amine cured epoxy coating that is a surface tolerant, fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, all year, new construction coating. This Jotun Paints product can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed...
Coo-Var Hammercote Smooth Finish is a fast drying coating giving a smooth gloss finish to metallic objects. ADVANTAGES Durable Full hardness reached after several days Interior/Exterior use Heat resistant up to 150°C Very fast drying Rust resistant Apply direct to metal or primer
This versatile coating provides an impenetrable film for severe exposures in marine, offshore, petrochemical, pulp and paper and other aggressive environments. Top Features Excellent abrasion resistance Excellent chemical resistance Outstanding impermeability Single coat, self-priming capabilities
Jotun Hardtop Flexi Alu has a remarkable ability to resist impact and will maintain initial gloss level over extended periods. Low VOCs, application of single coats up to 110 microns and fast drying add to the features of Hardtop Flexi Alu. This is one of the few products that contain anti-corrosive pigments for the best direct to metal performance.
Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy M922 (formerly Epigrip M922) is a high solids, 2-pack glass flake epoxy pigmented with micronised glass flake and anti-corrosives to provide anti-corrosive protection of blast cleaned steel and cathodically protected steel. Macropoxy M922 possess excellent abrasion resistance and has excellent resistance to immersion in sea...
Bradite HD Floor + Wall is a heavy-duty coating for walls and floors that is well-suited to factory and industrial environments that need ultra protection and an easy-to-clean surface. Also suitable for hygene-sensitive areas such as hospitals and more. Advantages Water-based epoxy coating Conforms to ISO 9001:2008 quality & ISO 14001:2004 Resists...
Jotun Norpol Accelerator 9802 P (formerly known as Jotun Accelerator CO1P) is a specially developed additive for Jotun Baltoflake, Jotun Chemflake Special and Jotun Chemflake CV products - refer to each product data sheets for further information.
Rust-Oleum CombiColor is the ultimate direct to metal paint: Apply to bare, manually derusted or ready primed mild steel Over 400 colour options Primer and metal topcoat in one Interior/exterior use Sag resistant - leaves no brush/roller strokes Use Rust-Oleum 3302 CombiPrimer Adhesion first on bare Galv, Zinc and Aluminium...