International Interzone 1000
International Interzone 1000 is one of the most proven and reliable glass flake epoxies on the market today, with documented in-service performance dating back almost 30 years. International Interzone 1000 provides outstanding abrasion and corrosion resistance to steelwork located in the harshest offshore and inland environments.
International Interzone 1000 is a very high solids, low VOC, two component high build epoxy containing a high level of chemically resistant glass flake which imparts properties of excellent corrosion, abrasion and chemical resistance.
International Interzone 1000 is one of the most proven and reliable glass flake epoxies on the market today, with documented in-service performance dating back almost 30 years. Providing outstanding abrasion and corrosion resistance to steelwork located in the harshest environments, Interzone 1000 is ideal for splashzone areas on offshore platforms, jackets, transition pieces for offshore wind installations, jetties, decks, bridges, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills as well as water treatment plants.
International Interzone 1000 is suitable for use at new construction and during maintenance work especially over surface tolerant primers and rapid cure epoxies.
- For the protection of steelwork in areas where high abrasion and corrosion resistance are required including splashzone areas on offshore platforms, jetties, decks, bridges, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, and water treatment plants.
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment, gives good compatibility with both sacrificial anode and impressed current systems, making Interzone 1000 particularly suitable for the long term protection of sub-sea structures.
- As part of a non-slip deck system in conjunction with appropriate aggregate*.
Features & Benefits
- Reinforced with >30% lamellar glass flake by weight in the dry film providing enhanced durability and corrosion resistance to extend lifetime to first maintenance
- High film build, high solids, low VOC
- Compatible with sacrificial and impressed current cathodic protection systems
- Compliant to ISO20340 and pre-qualified to Norsok M-501 for Systems 1, 4 and 7A, B and C at 120˚C (248˚F)
International Interzone 1000 provides outstanding corrosion protection thanks to the high levels of lamaller glass flake pigment (>30% in the dry film). At this level of glass flake the film is almost impenetrable by water and corrosive ions.
With its strong resistance to cathodic disbondment, International Interzone 1000 shows good compatibility with both sacrificial anode and impressed current systems. For this reason it is ideal for long term protection of subsea or immersed structures.
International Interzone 1000 has a long track record of delivering corrosion protection going back nearly 30 years. After almost 30 years on the Hutton TLP, International Interzone 1000 has been shown to provide outstanding corrosion protection.
With such an outstanding track record, International Interzone 1000 has been selected to provide a long term solution for offshore wind farm owners on a number of installations.
- 'Black' is comparable to RAL 9005
- 'Yellow' is comparable to RAL 1023
- 'Grey' is comparable to BS 4800 18 B 23
* International Interzone 1000 can be used as a non-skid deck system by modification with addition of GMA132 (crushed flint) aggregate. Application should then be to a suitably primed surface. Typical thicknesses will be between 500-1,000 microns (20-40 mils). Preferred application is by a suitable large tip hopper gun (e.g. Sagola 429 or Air texture gun fitted with a 5-10 mm nozzle). Trowel or roller can be used for small areas. Alternatively, a broadcast method of application can be used.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|nick lazenby on 19/12/2017|
Question: Can interzone 1000 be painted using conventional paint rollers, would it be better to use rag roller of sponge?
International Interzone 1000 is not recommended for application by roller. It can be applied by Airless Spray, Air Spray (Pressure Pot) and small touch-up areas only by brush. You can see more application information on the TDS (Technical Data Sheet) available to download from the 'DATASHEETS' tab on the product page.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close