Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate 301K
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate 301K is a solvent-free, surface and humidity tolerant two-pack modified epoxy that can be applied without dew point restrictions and over wet steel surfaces. It is an anticorrosive coating for long service life steel protection that can be used for both immersion and above the waterline service in marine, offshore, construction and industrial applications.
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate 301K is a solvent-free, surface and humidity tolerant two-pack modified epoxy. It can be applied without dew point restrictions and over wet steel surfaces. Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate 301K shows good chemical resistance, abrasion resistance and edge-retentive properties. It can be applied over steel prepared by hydroblasting, grit blasting or mechanical tooling.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent edge retention (when used with 301S)
- No dew point or relative humidity restrictions
- Excellent anticorrosive properties
- Can be applied over wet substrates
- Can be applied over medium flash rust
- Excellent substrate and intercoat adhesion
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate 301K is an anticorrosive coating for long service life steel protection. It can be used for both immersion and above the waterline service in marine, offshore, construction and industrial applications.
It is suitable for new building, conversion, repair or maintenance applications. It provides superior performance protecting areas such as ballast tanks, void tanks, crude oil tanks, slop tanks, mud pits, wet spaces, bilges, decks, external hull and steel bridges.
Suitable for use in USDA Inspected Facilities
Certificates & Approvals
- IMO PSPC (301K only): Type Approved as part of a coating system compliant with IMO MSC.215(82) (Performance Standard for Protective Coatings for Dedicated Seawater Ballast Tanks and Double Side Skin Spaces).
- Over bare metal: ABS Type Approval Certificate Nº08-HS314072-PDA. Germanischer Lloyds Type Approval Certificate GL-KORR 1159HH. Lloyds Register Type Approval Certificate Nº. MNDE/2008/2847.
- Over EURO-shop PE31 shop primer: ABS Type Approval Certificate Nº 09-HS538809-PDA.
- Over UHP hydroblasting, abrasive blasting and EURO-shop PE31 shop primer: DNV Type Approval Certificate Nº K-4211.
- SNCF: Approved by Societé National de Chemins de Fer (France) as a part of a coating system for steel bridges protection using Ultra High Pressure hydroblasting (livret IN 0036).
- NFPA: part of a system recognizable as Class A rated by National Fire Protection Agency (USA) regarding Flame Spread and Smoke Developed Index accordingly to NFPA standard 101. Systems have been tested using the ASTM E84 standard by the NGC Fire Testing Laboratory (File FH 1525, Project H330).
- Newcastle City Health: Tested for non-contamination of grain cargo by Newcastle Occupational Health, UK (Report 6004/97).
PLEASE NOTE: This product is subject to a 14 working day lead time.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close