Jotun Jotacote Universal N10
Jotun Jotacote Universal N10 is specially designed as a universal, all round, all year, new building coating where fast dry to handle times are required. Jotun Jotacote Universal N10 can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments and is replacing the current Jotacote Universal product.
Jotun Jotacote Universal N10 is a two component polyamine cured pure epoxy coating that is a fast drying, abrasion resistant, high solids, high build product. It is specially designed as a universal, all round, all year, new building coating where fast dry to handle times are required. Jotun Jotacote Universal N10 can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. It is suitable for properly prepared aluminium, carbon steel, galvanised steel, shop primed steel and stainless steel substrates and can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Typically used on exterior and interior areas, including outside hulls, superstructures, decks, cargo holds and water ballast tanks. Jotun Jotacote Universal N10 has very high flexibility making it specially suitable for the temperature variation experienced in crude oil, chemical and shuttle tankers. Approved for PSPC cross over testing with a wide range of shop primers.
Approvals and Certificates
- Approved for PSPC for Water Ballast Tanks according to IMO Res. MSC 215(82)
- Approved for PSPC for Crude Oil Tanks according to IMO Res. MSC 288(87)
- Approved for IMO FTPC Part 2 and 5, MSC 61(67), for paint systems with low flame spread characteristics
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Full universality
- IMO PSPC for WBT/COT approved
- Lower VOC
- Fast drying
- Low temperature applicable
- Can be used on all-round vessels including cargo holds, water ballast tanks, crude oil tanks, outside hull, superstructure
- PSPC for water ballast tanks according to IMO Res. MSC 82 (215)
- PSPC for crude oil tanks according to IMO Res. MSC 288 (87)
- When the approved BWTS systems are operated correctly and the active species’ concentration is not above 10 ppm, no detrimental effect on correctly applied and cured Jotacote Universal N10 is observed.
- Fast drying at low temperatures
- Year round workability with one curing agent, down to -15°C
- Good application on low profile and non-ferrous substrates
- Protect your asset with low life cycle cost
- Ensure longevity service of water ballast tanks and cargo oil tanks
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close