Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original is the ultimate direct to metal paint, providing years of protection in minutes:
- Apply to bare, manually derusted or ready primed mild steel
- Over 400 colour options including RAL, BS & NCS
- Primer and metal topcoat in one
- Interior/exterior use
- Sag resistant - leaves no brush/roller strokes
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original is a primer and topcoat in one for interior and exterior use on bare metal, manually de-rusted metal, surfaces primed with Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion, or previously painted surfaces. Rust-Oleum CombiColor has excellent opacity (hiding power) and sag resistance, leaving no brush or roller strokes, and provides good drying properties even at low temperatures.
Rust-Oleum CombiColor is a one coat maintenance system for metal, providing superior metal protection, even when applied direct to rust. It remains flexible and does not become brittle or flake with movement. Rust-Oleum CombiColor is intended for brush and roller application and can also be applied by air spray.
CombiColor Colours Available
There are close to 400 different colours available from CombiColor's colour chart available to buy here. Please select the colour/shade above when making your order, and if there is a colour you require which is not listed such as RAL, BS and NCS colours, please contact our customer support team on 0113 2455450 and we will endeavour to match your needs.
- Rust-Oleum CombiColor Hammertone
- Rust-Oleum CombiColor Wrought Iron
- Rust-Oleum CombiColor Multi-Surface - recommended for use on uPVC and bare timber
Features & Benefits
- Long-lasting protection in minutes - all weather resistant
- Interior & exterior use
- Sag resistant, no brush strokes
- Direct application to rust, bare metal and wood
- For galvanised steel, aluminium, etc such as garage doors, etc, we recommend spot priming these areas first with Rust-Oleum 3302 CombiPrimer Adhesion
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Low odour – VOC Compliant
- Lead- and chromate free
- High coverage: 10.5 m² per litre
- One coat hiding, good flow properties
- Dilutable with Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner
- Usable down to 5°C
- Available in virtually any colour - RAL, BC & NCS.
- Heat resistant up to 90°C (dry heat)
- Corrosion protection (in light industrial environments)
- Contains rust-inhibitive pigments
- For more aggresive environments, prepare surfaces with Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion
|Density:||Gloss: 1,07±0,09; Satin: 1,12±0,10|
|Solids content in volume:||Gloss: 53-57%; Satin: 48-52%|
|Heat Resistance:||90°C (dry heat); at elevated temperatures discoloration may occur.|
|Recommended Wet Film Thickness||100 μm|
|Recommended Dry Film Thickness||55 μm|
|Theoretical Consumption||10.3 m²/l at 55 μm dry, depending on colour.|
|Practical Consumption||Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.|
Preperation & Application
Remove oil, grease and all other surface contaminations by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents. Remove rust scale, loose mill scale, loose rust and loose coatings by scraping and wire brushing to St 3 (ISO 8501-1 : 1988), light blast cleaning or sanding. Sand intact coatings to roughen the surface slightly. The surface must be clean and dry during application. Galvanised, Zinc and Aluminium surfaces have to be primed first with CombiPrimer Tack Coat 3302.
Direction For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Temperature of air, substrate and coating material between 5° and 35°C and relative humidity below 85%. The substrate temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point.
Application & Thinning
Up to 10% volume RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301. Use natural bristles, long hair brushes.
Up to 10% volume RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301. Use short nap, polyamide 6-12 mm rollers. Roller application may require 2 coats to achieve recommended dry film thickness
10-25% volume RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301. Gravity cup and pressure cup. Tip size: 1.0 - 1.5 mm. Atomising pressure: 2 - 4 bar.
Equipment Cleaning & Spills
Use RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301 or RUST-OLEUM Thinner 160.
Maximum dry film thickness per coat: 75 μm dry, equals 135 μm wet. To avoid inhomogeneous appearance with aluminum coloured coatings it is recommended to spray 7311 with HVLP. CombiColor Metal 7300/7400 can be recoated with 7300 Aerosols within 4 hours or after 72 hours.
|Touch dry:||1 ½ hours||2 hours||3 hours|
|Dry to handle:||6 hours||8 hours||16 hours|
|Dry to recoat:||8 hours||16 hours||24 hours|
|Fully cured:||5 days||7 days||14 days|
|VOC level:||439 g/l|
|VOC readymix:||495 g/l|
|VOC limit:||500 g/l|
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Metal, Mild Steel, Cast Iron
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Air-Atomised Spray
- Satin, gloss
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Base Type
- Urethane modified alkyd
- Mixing Ratio
- Key Features
- Primer Finish, Direct to Rust, Flexible, Sag Resistant
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 2 hours
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 8 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 16 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 10.3 m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner
- Unit Contents
- Compatible Primers
- Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion, Rust-Oleum 3302 CombiPrimer Adhesion
- Compatible Topcoats
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Gloss and Matt 1.07 ± 0.09, Satin 1.12 ± 0.10
- Solids by Volume
- Gloss and Matt 53-57%, Satin 48-52%
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 90°C (dry heat)
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 60 months
- UN Number
|James on 2020-07-07 12:39:33|| |
Hi. Is this safe to use in a shed with livestock in it
We have no test data providing advice on what impact it would have if the dried coating is licked or ingested. It is also solvent based so solvent could be in the air during application which we'd recommend the animals not be exposed to.
|Helen on 2020-06-21 16:09:05|| |
I have metal windows with glass held in with putty . Can I use combicolor original over the wholewindow . Ie metal frame and putty . I want some rust protection on the metal inside and out .
Unfortunately Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original cannot be applied to the putty, assuming the window frames are steel, clean, dry and prepared as in the technical data sheet, Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original is suitable for this application.
|Rosie on 2020-05-27 11:18:38|| |
I am looking for a deep purple paint to paint both the cast drain pipes on my house and the masonry windowframes. If I find a sample of the colour I'd like are you able to match it and would one paint do both purposes?
Yes we are able to colour match a physical sample and assuming both surfaces are previously painted we would suggest Rust-Oleum CombiColor Multi-Surface.
|phil on 2020-05-22 22:39:28|| |
Hi could I use Combi colour on lead flashing that has previously been painted with a different product but is now looking a bit tired, or could you recommend a product that would suffice. Thanks
For application to aged lead, we would instead suggest the Rust-Oleum CombiColor Multi-Surface.
|Bert on 2020-05-05 11:23:00|| |
Hello, can you use this to paint granite work surfaces ?
No this cannot be used for Granite work surfaces.