Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner is a special thinner for Rust-Oleum CombiColor. Although thinning of Rust-Oleum CombiColor is not necessary for spraying, if required it is advised to use Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner. Easy to pour Reclosable packaging Ideal for cleaning/degreasing of surfaces and equipment More Information...
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original - Custom Filled Aerosol 8pk
400ml Aerosols custom filled with Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original in a choice of 4,400+ colours - The ultimate direct to metal paint providing years of protection in minutes.
- Available in 4,400+ colours, inc. RAL, RAL Design, BS, NCS, NCS 2050 and Metallics
- Apply to bare, manually derusted or ready primed mild steel
- Primer and metal topcoat in one - Interior/exterior use
- Hides in one cross layer - Usable down to 5°C
- Also available in Rust-Oleum CombiColor Multi-Surface - Custom Filled Aerosol 8pk
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original is a primer and topcoat in one for interior and exterior use on bare metal, manually de-rusted metal, surfaces primed with Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion, or previously painted surfaces. Rust-Oleum CombiColor has excellent opacity (hiding power) and sag resistance, and provides good drying properties even at low temperatures.
Rust-Oleum CombiColor is a one coat maintenance system for metal, providing superior metal protection, even when applied direct to rust. It remains flexible and does not become brittle or flake with movement.
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original - Custom Filled Aerosol 8pk are produced from a litre of Rust-Oleum CombiColor Original being mixed and then filled into aerosols, 1 litre of CombiColor produces 8 x 400ml aerosols.
This means you get all the great qualities of CombiColor in a handy aerosol form and in virtually any colour that can applied directly on bare, manually derusted or with CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion 3369/3380 primed steel.
Please Note: Rust-Oleum Custom Filled Aerosols are intended for small maintenance jobs or for touch-up. Rust-Oleum CombiColor Aerosols should be used in light industrial exposures, normal humidity and interior applications.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Long-lasting protection in minutes - all weather resistant
- Interior & exterior use
- Direct application to rust or bare metal
- For galvanised steel, aluminium, etc such as garage doors, etc, we recommend spot priming these areas first with Rust-Oleum 3302 CombiPrimer Adhesion
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Low odour – VOC Compliant
- Lead- and chromate free
- High coverage: 10.3 m² per litre
- One coat hiding, good flow properties
- Dilutable with Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner
- Usable down to 5°C
- Available in 4,400+ colours, inc. RAL, RAL Design, BS, NCS, NCS 2050 and Metallic
- Heat resistant up to 90°C (dry heat)
- Corrosion protection (in light industrial environments)
- Contains rust-inhibitive pigments
- For more aggresive environments, prepare surfaces with Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion
|Density:||Gloss: 1,07±0,09; Satin: 1,12±0,10|
|Solids content in volume:||Gloss: 53-57%; Satin: 48-52%|
|Heat Resistance:||90°C (dry heat); at elevated temperatures discoloration may occur|
|Recommended Wet Film Thickness||100 μm|
|Recommended Dry Film Thickness||55 μm|
|Theoretical Consumption||10.3 m²/l at 55 μm dry, depending on colour|
|Practical Consumption||Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application|
- Remove oil, grease and all other surface contaminations by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents
- Remove rust scale, loose mill scale, loose rust and loose coatings by scraping and wire brushing to St 3 (ISO 8501-1 : 1988), light blast cleaning or sanding
- Sand intact coatings to roughen the surface slightly
- The surface must be clean and dry during application
- Galvanised, Zinc and Aluminium surfaces have to be primed first with CombiPrimer Tack Coat 3302
- Temperature of air, substrate and coating material between 5° and 35°C and relative humidity below 85%
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point
Equipment Cleaning & Spills
- Use RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301 or RUST-OLEUM Thinner 160
- Maximum dry film thickness per coat: 75 μm dry, equals 135 μm wet
- To avoid inhomogeneous appearance with aluminum coloured coatings it is recommended to spray 7311 with HVLP
- CombiColor Metal 7300/7400 can be recoated with 7300 Aerosols within 4 hours or after 72 hours
|Touch dry:||1 ½ hours||2 hours||3 hours|
|Dry to handle:||6 hours||8 hours||16 hours|
|Dry to recoat:||8 hours||16 hours||24 hours|
|Fully cured:||5 days||7 days||14 days|
Please see the Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Metal, Mild Steel, Cast Iron
- Application Method
- Aerosol Spray
- Satin, gloss
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Base Type
- Urethane modified alkyd
- Mixing Ratio
- Key Features
- Primer Finish, Direct to Rust, Flexible, Sag Resistant
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 2 hours
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 8 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 16 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 10.3 m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Rust-Oleum 7301 CombiColor Thinner
- Unit Contents
- Compatible Primers
- Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion, Rust-Oleum 3302 CombiPrimer Adhesion
- Compatible Topcoats
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Gloss and Matt 1.07 ± 0.09, Satin 1.12 ± 0.10
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 90°C (dry heat)
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 60 months
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Rust-Oleum Thinner 160 is a specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with Rust-Oleum`s 1085 Galva Zinc, 9100 High Performance Epoxy and B95 Flexible Epoxy to create an optimal consistency for application whether it be for Brush, Roller or Spray. Can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces or equipment. Strong dilution...
The ultimate direct to metal paint providing years of protection in minutes. Available in 4,400+ colours, inc. RAL, RAL Design, BS, NCS, NCS 2050 and Metallics Apply to bare, manually derusted or ready primed mild steel Primer and metal topcoat in one Interior/exterior use Sag resistant - leaves no brush/roller strokes Please note:...
Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion is a high quality anti-rust primer for Rust-Oleum CombiColor. The Anti-Corrosion Primer will ensure an even longer anti-rust protection on new or rusted steel surfaces and provides and enhances protection against corrosion. Recoatable after 2 hours For new / slightly rusted surfaces Grey for...
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Rust-Oleum 3202 Galvinoleum Primer as a great alternative. Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your requirements, as our suggestion is given in good faith but without warranty. If you are in any doubt please first contact our technical team on...
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...
This product is temporarily unavailable; please contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] where we will be happy to find an alternative product. 400ml Aerosols custom filled with Rust-Oleum CombiColor Multi-Surface in a choice of 4,400+ colours - a solvent-based, adhesive primer and...