International Intertherm 228HS
International Intertherm 228HS is a highly crosslinked, two component, high build epoxy phenolic coating suitable for exposure in a wide range of highly corrosive environments, including insulated and uninsulated carbon and stainless steel for use on the exterior of pipework, process vessels etc., operating at temperatures up to 230°C (446°F).
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
International Intertherm 228HS is a highly crosslinked, two component, high build epoxy phenolic coating which combines properties of corrosion and chemical resistance when used in high temperature service. International Intertherm 228HS is a next generation epoxy phenolic coating based upon novolac resin technology.
- International Intertherm 228HS has been specifically designed to provide a corrosion resistant barrier when used to protect steelwork beneath thermal insulation in areas subjected to wet and dry cycling.
- Suitable for exposure in a wide range of highly corrosive environments, including insulated and uninsulated carbon and stainless steel for use on the exterior of pipework, process vessels etc., operating at temperatures up to 230°C (446°F).
- International Intertherm 228HS has excellent resistance to "thermal shock" experienced during rapid temperature cycling.
- White is nearest to RAL 9010
- Grey is nearest to RAL 7004
- Red Oxide is nearest to BS 4800 04 C 39
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Stainless steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Touch Dry
- 5 Hours
- UN Number
|Geoff Gordon on 2019-06-26 18:14:28|| |
What is the maximum temperature of the substrate that 228 can be applied by brush/roller?
When applied by brush/roller then maximum surface temperature should be up to 70-80°C. Above that temperature only airless spray is recommended and we have a seperate document available to explain this process if required.
|Alan Farquhar on 2018-02-21 07:33:19|| |
are the white and grey Intertherm 228 a gloss finish? also what would you recommend as an over coat for Intertherm 228 red oxide to give a gloss finish
Intertherm 228HS is a two component high build epoxy phenolic coating leaving an eggshell finish suitable for use up to 230°C. If a cosmetic finish is required the following top coats can be used:
Maximum overcoating time should be kept to minimum (1-2 days) and any additional abrasion of the second coat of Intertherm 228HS will create a better bond between coatings.