International Intertherm 228HS
International Intertherm 228HS is a highly crosslinked, two component, high build epoxy phenolic coating suitable for exposure in a wide range of highly corrosive environments, including insulated and uninsulated carbon and stainless steel for use on the exterior of pipework, process vessels etc., operating at temperatures up to 230°C (446°F).
International Intertherm 228HS is a highly crosslinked, two component, high build epoxy phenolic coating which combines properties of corrosion and chemical resistance when used in high temperature service. International Intertherm 228HS is a next generation epoxy phenolic coating based upon novolac resin technology.
- International Intertherm 228HS has been specifically designed to provide a corrosion resistant barrier when used to protect steelwork beneath thermal insulation in areas subjected to wet and dry cycling.
- Suitable for exposure in a wide range of highly corrosive environments, including insulated and uninsulated carbon and stainless steel for use on the exterior of pipework, process vessels etc., operating at temperatures up to 230°C (446°F).
- International Intertherm 228HS has excellent resistance to "thermal shock" experienced during rapid temperature cycling.
- White is nearest to RAL 9010
- Grey is nearest to RAL 7004
- Red Oxide is nearest to BS 4800 04 C 39
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Stainless steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Touch Dry
- 5 Hours
- UN Number
|Geoff Gordon on 2019-06-26 18:14:28|| |
What is the maximum temperature of the substrate that 228 can be applied by brush/roller?
When applied by brush/roller then maximum surface temperature should be up to 70-80°C. Above that temperature only airless spray is recommended and we have a seperate document available to explain this process if required.
|Alan Farquhar on 2018-02-21 07:33:19|| |
are the white and grey Intertherm 228 a gloss finish? also what would you recommend as an over coat for Intertherm 228 red oxide to give a gloss finish
Intertherm 228HS is a two component high build epoxy phenolic coating leaving an eggshell finish suitable for use up to 230°C. If a cosmetic finish is required the following top coats can be used:
Maximum overcoating time should be kept to minimum (1-2 days) and any additional abrasion of the second coat of Intertherm 228HS will create a better bond between coatings.