Sherwin-Williams Heat-Flex Hi-Temp 1200
Sherwin-Williams Heat-Flex Hi-Temp 1200 is the next generation single- component inert multipolymeric matrix coating that outperforms alternatives in combating corrosion under insulation (CUI) and in high heat applications.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Sherwin-Williams Heat-Flex Hi-Temp 1200 is the next generation single- component inert multipolymeric matrix coating that outperforms alternatives in combating corrosion under insulation (CUI) and in high heat applications
Features & Benefits
- Resists corrosion under insulation
- Resists stress corrosion cracking
- Application surface temperatures from ambient to 260°C (500°F)
- Operating surface temperatures cryogenic to 649°C (1200°F)
- Heat curing not required to cure and provide corrosion resistance
- Self priming, single component
- No maximum recoat time
- Direct to steel or stainless steel
- As a coating under insulation
- Cyclic service up to 649°C (1200°F)
- Acceptable for use on cryogenic equipment
- For use over properly prepared steel surfaces, either insulated or uninsulated: Power Plants, Refineries, Chemical Facilities, Offshore/Marine, Pulp & Paper
When using spray application, use a 50% overlap with each pass of the gun to avoid holidays, bare areas, and pinholes. If necessary, cross spray at a right angle.
Spreading rates are calculated on volume solids and do not include an application loss factor due to surface profile, roughness or porosity of the surface, skill and technique of the applicator, method of application, various surface irregularities, material lost during mixing, spillage, overthinning, climatic conditions, and excessive film build.
No reduction of material is recommended as it can affect film build, appearance, and adhesion.
*If reduction is required for application to hot steel, use MAK, R6K30 up to a maximum of 5% by volume.
During application to hot steel, apply coating in several thin passes to allow solvent to escape and to prevent blistering. Allow at least 15-20 minutes between each coat. If blistering does occur, brush out immediately.
Always test adhesion by applying a test patch of 2-3 square feet. Allow one week to dry before checking adhesion.
In order to avoid blockage of spray equipment, clean
equipment before use or before periods of extended downtime with xylene/MAK.
Minor colour change may be exhibited in exposed service, but will not affect performance.
Topcoating: If applying a topcoat, apply a mist coat of the topcoat. Allow 10 minutes flash off and follow with a full coat.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Stainless steel, Carbon Steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 3.7 - 4.5m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 20 minutes
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!