Jotun Penguard Plus
Jotun Penguard Plus is a two component amine cured high molecular weight epoxy coating. It is a fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, new construction coating. It can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Penguard Plus is a two component amine cured high molecular weight epoxy coating. It is a fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, new construction coating. It can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, galvanised steel and thermally sprayed zinc substrates.
Jotun Penguard Plus is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high and immersed. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment. Specially designed as a universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required. Meets customer specific health requirements for high molecular weight epoxy content.
Approvals and certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in accordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120 °C.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Optimal combination of high molecular epoxy and low VOC
- A universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environment
- Fast drying, low VOC, high solids, and high build.
Multi-purpose / universal coating reduces the number of coatings needed
- In atmospheric and immersed conditions
- All surfaces – steel, galvanised and aluminium
- Blast cleaning to min. Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007)
- For previously coated surfaces UHPWJ to WJ2 (NACE No.5/SSPC-SP 12)
- Power tool cleaning to min. St 2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure
- Certified in systems for NORSOK system 1 and 7
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||4.8m² per litre|
|Touch Dry||2 Hours|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close