These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...
Jotun Penguard WF WG
Jotun Penguard WF WG is a two component, anti-corrosive water borne epoxy coating that is a versatile, fast drying product containing flash rust inhibitors. It cures down to 5°C and is specially designed for new construction where fast dry to handle and over coating times are required.
Note: this product is made to order and has a minimum order quantity of 800 litres.
Jotun Penguard WF WG is a 'Wintergrade' version of Jotun Penguard WF to aid application in lower temperatures and to provide faster drying and curing times. Jotun Penguard WF WG is a two component, anti-corrosive water borne epoxy coating that is a versatile, fast drying product containing flash rust inhibitors. It cures down to 5°C and is specially designed for new construction where fast dry to handle and over coating times are required. Jotun Penguard WF can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric environments and is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, aluminium, concrete and galvanised steel substrates.
Suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to high. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment. Jotun Penguard WF WG is suitable for over coating with water borne acrylics, water borne epoxy and suitable solvent borne coatings.
Features & Benefits
- Expected lifetime >15 years in atmospheric environments
- Fast dry-to-recoat and dry-to-handle
- Ideal for LEED® v4 projects
- Visible end of pot life
- Transport and storage down to sub-zero temperatures
- Approved as primer under Steelmaster intumescent coatings
- Low VOC: 67/69 (WG) g/L
Jotun Penguard WF WG can be used alone or as part of a coating system in a wide range of atmospheric conditions:
As a single coat in low corrosive areas:
- Penguard WF WG
As a primer and mid coat in a complete paint system in medium corrosive areas:
As a primer and mid coat in a complete paint system in high corrosive areas:
- Barrier 80
- Penguard WF WG
- Pilot WF, Hardtop XP or WaterFine Topcoat
Jotun Penguard WF WG contributes to sustainable systems for long-lasting protection and beautification of assets from one single source:
- Contributes towards satisfying Credit IEQ under LEED® 2009 and Credits IEQ and MR under LEED® v4
- Meets VOC content requirements for BREEAM International and NOR
- Meets VOC content requirements for Estidama
- Meets VOC content requirements for GSAS
- Meets requirements for China Environmental Label
- Fire test approved for use under Steelmaster 1200WF
- For Use On
- Steel, Aluminium, Concrete, Galvanized Steel
- Application Method
- Airless Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Low (50-149 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 3.4 to 6.8m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!