Hydron Nu-Flame HB Metal Primer
Nu-Flame HB Metal Primer is ideal for priming cast iron and structural steel in preparation to apply the Nu-Flame Fire Retardant System for metals.
- Quick dry.
- Ideal for cast iron and structural steel.
- 8m²/Litre coverage.
- 3 colours available.
- 12-month shelf life.
Nu-Flame HB Metal Primer is ideal for priming cast iron and structural steel in preparation to apply the Nu-Flame Fire Retardant System for metals. Equally suitable for application in steel fabricators shops or on site.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Warehouse - Designed to house large amounts of goods, warehouses always carry a safety risk. High footfall, movement of large objects, machinery and vehicles mean that the warehouse is always a hive of activity. Applying a tough flame retardant coating such as not only extends the lifespan, but also give peace of mind of flame retardancy.
- Bridge - Taking tremendous weight and stresses, bridges need to be tough, long-lasting and safe. Imagine a bridge without a flame retardant anti-corrosion coating; that's a whole load of potential for the bridge to fail. Bridges can never fail, it just isn't an option; imagine the majesty of the Forth Railway Bridge in a crumpled heap meshed in between a very unlucky train. Exactly.
Features & Benefits
- Specifically formulated for metals.
- Grey, white or red colours.
- Quick dry time.
- 8m²/Litre approx. coverage rate.
- Compatible with Nu-Flame and most other intumescent paint systems, epoxy and most conventional paints.
- 12-month shelf life.
Will protect exposed structural steel during construction and protect internal steelwork. May be overcoated with Nu-Flame systems. Remove weld spatter, grind down weld seams and sharp edges. Blast clean to SA2½ Swedish Standard. If impractical remove all rust and millscale with hand power tools, avoiding polishing the surface. Prime before rust starts to re-form. Surfaces should be free from dust, dirt and grease.
By brush, roller or airless spray Do not stir. To spray use 0.013-0.017" tip. Max. Relative Humidity 80%. Min Temp 6°C Min Steel Temp 3°C above Dew Point. Clean equipment with Nu-Flame gun cleaner, immediately after use. Conventional thinners and brush cleaners are not effective.
Store away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Protect from frost.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Stee, cast iron
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!