Britannia One Pack Etch Primer
Britannia One Pack Etch Primer is a one pack solvent-based primer for use on aluminium, copper and galvanised steel surfaces.
Britannia One Pack Etch Primer is specially-formulated to enhance adhesion properties on difficult substrates.
For external use.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Times
- Shelf Life & Storage
- For use on aluminium, copper and galvanised steel surfaces
- Specially-formulated to enhance adhesion properties on difficult substrates
- For external use
- Can be brush, roller or spray applied
- Up to 12 months shelf life
- Coverage 10–13m2/lt
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- 10-13m²/litre @ 15 microns dft minimum
- Should be applied at 5°C and above
|Drying Times @ 20 °C|
|Through Dry||4 hours|
|Overcoating Times @ 20 °C|
Note: If primer is not overcoated within 14 days then abrade with either P240 or P320 and clean with a spirit wipe.
- Curing of the coating can be extended at lower temperatures
- Ensure all areas are clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, corrosion and general surface contamination
- All oils, grease, etc should be removed with a suitable degreasing solution
- Degreasing with a spirit wipe is recommended and should be carried out after any abrasion of the surface
- Thorough mechanical preparation (e.g. power wire brushing, needle gunning, grinding etc) can be utilised for mild environments
Aluminium, Copper and Galvanised Steel:
- Degrease and abrade with P240 to remove the surface oxide layer
- Do not thin
- Stir well before use
- Please follow the coverage rates shown in Spreading Rate Section
- Apply by brush, roller (solvent resistant) or spray
- Remove as much as possible from application equipment before cleaning
- For cleaning equipment use No 1 Solvent
- Up to one year in an unopened original container at moderate temperatures
- Store in a safe place in accordance with the instructions in section 7 of the relevant MSDS sheet
- Flammable keep away from sources of ignition
- Ensure good ventilation during application
- Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothing
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use near fishponds
- Harmful to aquatic organisms
- Do not empty into drains
- Water / Solvent Based
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 5L
- 10-13 square metres per litre @15 microns dft minimum.
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!