A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for application by Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 16 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Suitable for cleaning of the...
Teamac Zinc Rich Primer
Teamac Zinc Rich Primer, contains a very high concentration of metallic zinc and allows conductivity in the dried film. The zinc coating gives cathodic protection and is a form of cold galvanising.
- Cold galvanises metal
- Protects against corrosion
- Use on iron
- Use on steel
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Teamac Zinc Rich Primer,contains a very high concentration of metallic zinc and allows conductivity in the dried film. The zinc coating gives cathodic protection and is a form of cold galvanising. Teamac Zinc Rich Primer is suitable for iron and steel to protect against corrosion.
The coating must be in direct contact with the iron or steel to work correctly.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Subsequent Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Cold galvanises metal.
- Protects against corrosion.
- Use on iron.
- Use on steel.
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|VOC Content||381 g/litre|
|SG||2.99 @ 20°C|
|Viscostity||8 Poise @ 25°C|
|Flash Point||above 32°C (closed cup)|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||38 μm||100 μm||
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||30 Mins|
|Dry To Handle:||8 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||8 hours or overnight|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease, oil and any other contaminates.
- Bare steel should be free from dust, rust and scale.
- Blast cleaning to SA 2½ is recommended.
- If blast cleaning is impractical, mechanical cleaning should be employed as hand cleaning does not clean the steel to the required degree.
- Any oil or grease should be removed with solvent before de-rusting.
- Where blast cleaning is carried out after assembly, special attention must be paid to edges, corners, nuts, bolts welds, etc.
- Welds should, if necessary be ground and all weld spatter, slag etc. must be removed.
- Apply direct to prepared iron and steel.
- Suitable Teamac topcoat paints or Teamac Zinc Phosphate Primer as part of a specified Teamac anti-corrosive system.
- Mix well before use.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice.
- In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
- Must be applied in direct contact with the iron or steel to be affective.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Brush: Thinners 15 (5%) - Airless Spray: Thinners 16 (5%)
- Nozzle Size: 0.017" - 0.021"
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 to 2000 psi
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 15 or 16.
Health & Safety
See safety data sheet - SDS 10733
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Iron, Steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 2.5L
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 8 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 8 hours or overnight
- 8m² per litre
- Solids by Volume
- 381 g/litre
- Touch Dry
- 30 mins
- 0.5 litre, 1 litre and 2.5 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 38 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 μm
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 15 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Can be use for cleaning of...
Teamac Zinc Phosphate Primer, an anticorrosive primer on iron and steel, for use with a range of conventional topcoats such as Teamac Marine Gloss and Teamac Metalcote Plant Enamel. Can be used for: Marine purposes Fire escapes Fetal gates Metal garage doors Ideal in coastal areas Click to jump down to Technical Data Coverage...