A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 14 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Also suitable for the cleaning of...
Teamac 2 Pack Zinc Phosphate Primer
Teamac 2 Pack Zinc Phosphate Primer, is a two pack, high performing epoxy zinc phosphate primer for application to steel which is clean and free from scale and/or rust.
- For application to blast cleaned and other suitably prepared steel surfaces
- Dry to recoat in as little as 2 - 4 hours
- Up to 12 square metres per litre coverage
- Not suitable for use as a weld through blast primer
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Teamac 2 Pack Zinc Phosphate Primer, is used for application to blast cleaned and other suitably prepared steel surfaces. It is not suitable for use as a weld through blast primer. Provided the steel has been cleaned effectively an outstanding bond is formed between primer and metal.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Subsequent Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Teamac 2 Pack Zinc Phosphate Primer
- Finish: Eggshell
- Coverage: 12 Square Metres Per Litre
- Suitable For: Steel
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|VOC Content||500 g/litre|
|SG||1.25 @ 20°C|
|Flash Point||25°C (closed cup)|
|Pot Life||24 Hours @ 20°C|
Pot Life - Once the parts are mixed together the material has to be used within the time stated.
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||35 to 75 μm||85 to 180 μm||
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||20 - 30 Mins|
|Dry To Handle:||2 - 4 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||2 - 4 hours|
|Fully Cured:||3 - 5 Days|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease, oil and any other contaminates.
- Bare steel should be free from dust, rust and scale.
- Blast cleaning to SA 2½ is recommended.
- If blast cleaning is impractical, mechanical cleaning should be employed as hand cleaning does not clean the steel to the required degree.
- Any oil or grease should be removed with solvent before de-rusting.
- Where blast cleaning is carried out after assembly, special attention must be paid to edges, corners, nuts, bolts welds, etc.
- Welds should, if necessary be ground and all weld spatter, slag etc. must be removed.
- Can be applied over 2 pack zinc phosphate blast primers which are free from contamination.
- Most one-pack and two-pack materials.
- By volume, mix 4 parts of the base with 1 part of the activator, as the ratio supplied. These should be thoroughly mixed together, preferably by slow speed electric mixer and allow to stand for 20 minutes before use. Ensuring the material is thoroughly mixed is very important - poorly mixed product can lead to soft spots and uncured coatings.
- Thinning is not normally required for airless spray systems.
- Use within 24 hours.
- Clean and flush equipment immediately after use to prevent the paint solidifying in guns, pots and lines.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice. In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Do Not Thin
- Nozzle Size: .021" - .027"
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 - 2300 psi
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 14
Health & Safety
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Airless Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 2 Part Pack
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 2 - 4 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 2 - 4 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 3 - 5 Days
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Teamac Thinner 14
- Min. Application Temperature
- Should not be carried out when the ambient temperature is below 5 °C (Please note drying will be retarded below 10 °C but will stop below 5 °C)
- Solids by Volume
- 500 g/litre
- 5 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 35 to 75 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 85 to 180 μm
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
General Painting Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides the basics for any painting project. Whether it is a one off job, or you just want to make sure the right application tools get to site. Provides an economical way of making sure you will have what you need Ideal for interior and exterior paint projects Click to jump down to...
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...