Jotun Thinner No. 17 is a paint thinner designed to improve the flow of a range of Jotun epoxy products. It can also be used as cleaner of pumps and tools after and before painting. Jotun Thinner No. 17 is specially suitable as a thinner for epoxies and similar type products except Tankguard series. **Available for delivery - see Delivery...
Jotun Barrier Plus
This Jotun Paints product is a high solids, very high zinc dust content primer for highly corrosive environments and can be applied down to 0°C surface temperature.
Jotun Barrier Plus is a two component polyamine cured zinc rich epoxy coating.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Jotun Barrier Plus is a two component polyamine cured zinc rich epoxy coating. It is a high solids, very high zinc dust containing product that provides excellent corrosion protection as part of a complete coating system. To be used as primer in atmospheric environments. Suitable for carbon steel, repair of inorganic zinc silicate coatings and damaged galvanised steel substrates. It can be applied down to 0°C surface temperature.
Jotun Barrier Plus is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel. Specially designed as a primer in coating systems where extended durability is required.
Approvals and Certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in acordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120°C.
- It conforms to the compositional requirements of SSPC paint 20, level 2 and ISO 12944/ISO 20340.
- This product complies with ASTM D520 type I zinc dust.
- Product testing shows superior performance in adhesion/cohesion and electrical conductivity when compared to traditional zinc rich epoxy coatings.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc epoxy with zinc silicate properties
- Fast dry-to-recoat and fast dry-to-handle
- All year around
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environments
- Certified in systems for Norsok system 1
- Can be applied down to 0°C
Zinc epoxy with zinc silicate properties
New binder technology shows superior performance in adhesion/cohesion and electrical conductivity between the zinc particles and the steel when compared to traditional zinc rich epoxy coatings.
- New construction: min. Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007)
- Maintenance: UHPWJ to WJ2 (NACE No.5/SSPC-SP 12)
“Green step” – Health, Environment and Safety
- High solids and low VOC
- Pure zinc dust (ASTM D520 type II)
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Airless Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1,
- Pack Size
- 4.8 to 12m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 25 mins
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...