Jotun Barrier Plus
This Jotun Paints product is a high solids, very high zinc dust content primer for highly corrosive environments and can be applied down to 0°C surface temperature.
Jotun Barrier Plus is a two component polyamine cured zinc rich epoxy coating.
Jotun Barrier Plus is a two component polyamine cured zinc rich epoxy coating. It is a high solids, very high zinc dust containing product that provides excellent corrosion protection as part of a complete coating system. To be used as primer in atmospheric environments. Suitable for carbon steel, repair of inorganic zinc silicate coatings and damaged galvanised steel substrates. It can be applied down to 0°C surface temperature.
Jotun Barrier Plus is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel. Specially designed as a primer in coating systems where extended durability is required.
Approvals and Certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in acordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120°C.
- It conforms to the compositional requirements of SSPC paint 20, level 2 and ISO 12944/ISO 20340.
- This product complies with ASTM D520 type I zinc dust.
- Product testing shows superior performance in adhesion/cohesion and electrical conductivity when compared to traditional zinc rich epoxy coatings.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc epoxy with zinc silicate properties
- Fast dry-to-recoat and fast dry-to-handle
- All year around
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environments
- Certified in systems for Norsok system 1
- Can be applied down to 0°C
Zinc epoxy with zinc silicate properties
New binder technology shows superior performance in adhesion/cohesion and electrical conductivity between the zinc particles and the steel when compared to traditional zinc rich epoxy coatings.
- New construction: min. Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007)
- Maintenance: UHPWJ to WJ2 (NACE No.5/SSPC-SP 12)
“Green step” – Health, Environment and Safety
- High solids and low VOC
- Pure zinc dust (ASTM D520 type II)
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Airless Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1,
- Pack Size
- 4.8 to 12m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 25 mins
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!