Jotun Muki Z 2001
An all-round excellent choice for the temporary protection of steel exposed to highly corrosive environments. Muki Z 2001 from Jotun has a solid track record and a reputation built on satisfied customers in a range of industries and countries worldwide.
Jotun Muki Z 2001 is a two component inorganic low zinc moisture curing zinc ethyl silicate coating that is a shop primer.
Jotun Muki Z 2001 is a two component inorganic low zinc moisture curing zinc ethyl silicate coating that is a shop primer designed for very high welding and cutting speed, giving reduced weld porosity and back burning. It is fast drying and has good abrasion resistance making it suitable for stacking shortly after application.
Jotun Muki Z 2001 can be used as a temporary primer in new construction phases or as a primer in a complete coating system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel substrates and recommended to be applied in an automated shop priming line. Compatible with advanced welding technologies including MIG, MAG and GFCAW.
Areas of Use
Marine: Suitable as a shop primer for entire vessels.
Protective: Suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high and immersed. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
Approvals and certificates
- Approved for PSPC for Water Balast Tanks acording to IMO Res. MSC 215(82)
- Welding approved acording to DVS-guideline 0501
- Type approved as shop primer by DNV
- Type approved shop primer acording to PSPC IMO Res. MSC 82/W
- Type approved shop primer for Germanischer Lloyd
- Health approved for use as shop primer by FORCE institute
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent application properties
- Excellent welding and cutting properties
- Very good corrosion protection: 4-8 months
- Solid track record
Product at a glance
- Two component low zinc ethyl silicate product
- Applicator friendly
- Excellent flow
- Quick drying
- Abrasion resistant for quick handling and stacking
- Optimized for welding & cutting
- Very fast welding
- Reduced risk of welding defects (e.g. back-burning & porosity)
- Very fast cutting
- Low content of zinc oxide in welding/cutting fumes
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Spray
- 14 to 18.7m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 1 minute
Be the first to ask a question about this product!