Jotun Muki EPS
A fast drying, shop primer designed for high welding and cutting speed, giving reduced weld porosity and back burning or as a temporary primer in a new construction phases or as a primer in a complete coating system.
Jotun Muki EPS is a two component, chemically curing epoxy coating. It is a shop primer designed for high welding and cutting speed, giving reduced weld porosity and back burning. It is fast drying making it suitable for stacking shortly after application. Jotun Muki EPS can be used as a temporary primer in a new construction phase, as a holding primer or as a primer in a complete coating system in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Muki EPS is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel substrates and recommended to be applied in an automated shop priming line in lower film thicknesses or applied by airless spray when used as holding primer. Compatible with advanced welding technologies including MIG, MAG and G-FCAW when applied in low film thickness.
Marine: Suitable as shop primer or holding primer on vessels.
Protective: Suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high and immersed.
Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
Approvals and certificates
- Welding approved according to DVS-guideline 0501
- Type approved as shop primer by DNV
- Type approved shop primer by RMSR
- Health approved for use as shop primer by Newcastle occupational Health
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Good corrosion protection: 3-5 months
- Multi-functional and quick drying
- Good chemical resistance and mechanical strength
Product at a glance
- As a preconstruction primer on blast cleaned steel surfaces in automatic shoppriming plants to protect steel during transport, storage and production
- As an Epoxy primer for application in automatic shoppriming plants as a primer in paint system for corrosion classes, ISO 12944 C2 to C4
- As a Holding primer for temporary protection of blast cleaned steel surfaces
- Easy to apply in shop primer plant
- Good chemical resistance
- Good mechanical strength
- Good adhesion to substrate
- Works well together with cathodic protection
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!