Jotun Pilot QD Primer
This is a primer from Jotun that can be applied to steel, aluminium or wood, and features very good adhesion properties on all these substrates.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is an anti-corrosive one component oxidatively drying alkyd coating that is a fast drying, high build, zinc phosphate pigmented product.
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is a one component oxidatively drying alkyd coating that is a fast drying, high build, zinc phosphate pigmented product. It can be used as a primer or mid coat in atmospheric environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, aluminium and wooden substrates.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is recommended for marine engine rooms, topside, deck and superstructure areas as well as for a wide range of industrial structures.
Approvals and certificates
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16) / IMO FTPC Annex 2 Item 2.2.
- Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Reduces your application cost
- Increases your efficiency
- Increases time to first maintenance
How Pilot QD Primer helps your painting job
- Reduces your application cost: Pilot QD Primer requires no mixing and has no potlife restrictions, which reduce waste, spills and leftover paint. Also, it dries fast and can potentially save you one coat due to its high build properties compared to conventional alkyd and acrylic primers.
- Improves your productivity: Pilot QD Primer forms a hard, dry film in only 1,5 hours, enabling you to move, stack, ship or use your coated items rapidly. And then start another painting process.
- Increases time to first maintenance: Pilot QD Primer increases time to first maintenance when used as a primer coat in mild to medium corrosive environments.
Pilot QD Primer can be used as a one-coat direct-to-metal product in atmospheric corrosivity classes C2 (Ref. ISO 12944).
Together with topcoatss like Pilot II, Pilot QD Primer will form a medium corrosion protection system, as defined by ISO 12944.
Approvals and certificates
Pilot QD Primer can be used as a primer under the Steelmaster range of Intumescent coatings.
- For Use On
- Steel, Aluminium, Wood
- Application Method
- Airless Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16) / IMO FTPC Annex 2 Item 2.2, Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health, Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
- 4.5 to 14m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 15 mins
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!