Jotun Pilot QD Primer
This is a primer from Jotun that can be applied to steel, aluminium or wood, and features very good adhesion properties on all these substrates.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is an anti-corrosive one component oxidatively drying alkyd coating that is a fast drying, high build, zinc phosphate pigmented product.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is a one component oxidatively drying alkyd coating that is a fast drying, high build, zinc phosphate pigmented product. It can be used as a primer or mid coat in atmospheric environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, aluminium and wooden substrates.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is recommended for marin engine rooms, topside, deck and superstructure areas as well as for a wide range of industrial structures.
Approvals and certificates
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16) / IMO FTPC Annex 2 Item 2.2.
- Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Reduces your application cost
- Increases your efficiency
- Increases time to first maintenance
How Pilot QD Primer helps your painting job
- Reduces your application cost: Pilot QD Primer requires no mixing and has no potlife restrictions, which reduce waste, spills and leftover paint. Also, it dries fast and can potentially save you one coat due to its high build properties compared to conventional alkyd and acrylic primers.
- Improves your productivity: Pilot QD Primer forms a hard, dry film in only 1,5 hours, enabling you to move, stack, ship or use your coated items rapidly. And then start another painting process.
- Increases time to first maintenance: Pilot QD Primer increases time to first maintenance when used as a primer coat in mild to medium corrosive environments.
Pilot QD Primer can be used as a one-coat direct-to-metal product in atmospheric corrosivity classes C2 (Ref. ISO 12944).
Together with topcoatss like Pilot II, Pilot QD Primer will form a medium corrosion protection system, as defined by ISO 12944.
Approvals and certificates
Pilot QD Primer can be used as a primer under the Steelmaster range of Intumescent coatings.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close