Jotun Penguard Express
Jotun Penguard Express is a two component amine cured epoxy coating that is fast drying, high solids and high build. It is specially designed for new construction where fast dry to handle and over coating times are required. Can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric environments.
Jotun Penguard Express is a two component amine cured epoxy coating that is fast drying, high solids and high build. It is specially designed for new construction where fast dry to handle and over coating times are required. Can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, aluminium, concrete and galvanised steel substrates. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Jotun Penguard Express is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment.
Approvals and certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in acordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120°C.
- Tested in acordance with ISO 12944-5, C5-High environment
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20, N1 and N4 (Cert. No. XM92/M20-140, M20-179, XN90/N4-077, N4-102, XN90/N1-075) 7.2.2.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Fast dry-to-handle
- Fast dry-to-recoat
- All year around application, down to -5°C
- Designed for protection in corrosive atmospheric environments
- High solids
Fast drying properties
- Very fast recoat schedules
- Apply a complete paint system in one working day
- Fast handling of painted structures
- For application down to -5°C
- Good spreading rate
- Low VOC
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!