Jotun Hardtop XP
An on-site friendly, glossy polyurethane topcoat for most epoxy systems where a durable, weather-resistant finish is required in a wide range of aggressive atmospheres.
Jotun Hardtop XP is one of the most popular polyurethane topcoats – protecting millions of square metres every year. Another Jotun paint that can be applied by airless spray, brush or roller on a wide range of primers.
Jotun Hardtop XP is one of the most popular polyurethane topcoats – protecting millions of square metres every year. It is available worldwide and is a favourite topcoat among painters. Jotun Hardtop XP is extremely versatile and can be applied by airless spray, brush or roller on a wide range of primers. Roller application properties are excellent with good flow and finish.
Low dry spray makes the gloss level predictable and on-site friendly. Jotun Hardtop XP has great gloss and colour retention, and gives a better finish, less spills and lower paint consumption. Jotun Hardtop XP is recommended as a glossy topcoat over most epoxy systems where a durable, weather-resistant finish is required in a wide range of aggressive atmospheres.
- High gloss finish
- The Number 1 selling polyurethane topcoat for heavy corrosion systems
- Excellent colour and gloss retention
- Excellent application properties
- Excellent brush and roller application properties
- VOC compliant and high solids formulation
Approvals and certificates
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 168
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO/Solas directive.
- Grain, Newcastle Ocupational Health
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-140, M20-179, XM92/M20-149, XM92-163, XM92/M21-093, XM92/M21-147, XM92/M21-139, XM92/M21-150, XM92/M24-141, XM92/M24-142, XM92/M24-143, XM92/M24-144, XM92/M24-145, XM92/M24-146, XM92/M24-126, XM92/M24-158, XM92/M34-005, XM92/M34-006, XN90/N1-075, XN90/N1-061, XN90/N2-076, XN90/N2-078, XN90/N2-056, XN90/N2-064, XN90/N4-077, N4-102, XN90-085, XN90/N9-065, XN90/N9-069) Item 7.3.1.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Very good colour and gloss retention
- Nice flow properties, thus suitable for large structures
- Well suited for application with roller and brush
Hardtop XP will form a long lasting corrosion protection system together with primers like Barrier, Resist, Jotamastic, Penguard and Jotacote for a wide range of purposes.
High volume solids
High volume solids compared to traditional polyurethanes result in lower VOC (volatile organic compounds) per litre, making it a modern solution with low environmental impact.
Optimised rheology ensures very good application properties with airless spray, brush and roller.
Hardtop XP displays very good flow properties, and is our true all-round polyurethane topcoat for marine and protective structures.
Hardtop Flexi is pre-qualified in several NORSOK systems No. 1.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 6.3 to 12.6m²/l
- Touch Dry
- 3.5 hours
|Mike simcox on 2018-04-30 16:28:35|| |
Hi It says airless spray on hardtop xp? Can it not be sprayed using a normal air compressor ? Along with jotamastic 90 as a primer? Cheers
Airless spray is preferred for Jotun Hardtop XP but air spray equipment can be used (see Application Guide for details - this can be downloaded from the 'Download' section on the product page). Jotun Jotamastic 90 can only be applied by airless spray.
|Paul Rafferty on 2016-09-08 15:49:03|| |
Question: Can you please provide a recommended maintenance cycle for the Hardtop XP two pac topcoat applied to Jotun Intumescent paint system in an external environment ? Thanks
There are several corrosive categories (ISO 12944-5, see table below) we have to consider when offering such advice. In different environments the coatings will have different durability. Applying two coats of Jotun Hardtop XP instead of one would also increase the life expectancy.
We normally suggest that the coating system should be inspected after 5 years and any remedial damage repaired. Equally if damaged in service we would strongly recommend urgent repairs. An undamaged coating system can last for up to 15 years assuming regular maintenance.